USPS Informed Delivery

I just signed up for this new service this week. For those in the US, the USPS just started this because their scanning software that sorts and distributes the mail was capturing images of mail anyway so they added on this free service where you would get an email of with greyscale images of what your incoming mail will be. Not the junk stuff and the mass mailings but stuff that was specifically headed to your residence. You get an "Informed Delivery Daily Digest" from the post office in your email and I've found it to be pretty handy to spot those one or two items that you're really expecting and know that they should be in your incoming mail. Pops up on my smartphone automatically.

I have to say for the various rants I've had for the Post Office over the years, they did good on this one.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm waiting for this to get to my area. It is just in trials right now.

With my PO Box, I get the "real mail notification" when I have mail, but it doesn't exclude standard ("junk") mail. Often I go to retrieve the mail from my box, and all there is are a couple of pieces of mail that just goes into the trash bin. I will be able to save at least a couple of trips a week to the post office with that better service.

Michael
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-online-stamp-shop
  • edited April 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    With the PO Box, I also love that I can receive package deliveries from Fedex, UPS, DHL, etc at my PO box by using the physical address for my post office.

For mail that requires a signature (other than registered mail), I have the post office sign for it, they place it in a secure parcel locker, and they leave the key in my PO Box. That has worked out great as I don't have to stand in line to get the item. The same holds true for parcels that fit in the parcel lockers. Big time saver.

Michael
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-online-stamp-shop