Things Sellers Do That Keep Me Away From Them

These are a few of my pet peeves as regards to buying online. It is not strictly a comment on HipStamp sellers, as examples can be found on most online selling sites:

After all the talk about it over the past 20 or so years, why do some sellers (even on this site) still use L@@K!, LQQK!, etc. on all their listings? I refuse to do business with a seller who does that.

Why do some sellers call every one of their stamps VF when obviously that isn't true of EVERY stamp? I stay away from those sellers.

Why do a small number of sellers still refuse to use an online payment processor for their online sales, and then complain that they don't have many sales? I will only buy from them if they have something that I absolutely can't find somewhere else (once or twice a year).

Why do some sellers complain about buyers as a whole not buying their goods? Hint: it's not the buyers. Such whining turns me away from those sellers. I don't want a seller who is bitter towards buyers.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is an interesting thread, I (as a seller) am interested to see what all shows up here!

I think sometimes the problem is that some sellers think that selling is a right instead of a privilege.

AKA. One doesn't get a happy customer, one creates a happy customer.

Someone mentioned in a different thread on this form frustration with a sale that's not a sale. Behaviours like that or overstating or over-marketing an item may seem like the right approach because it may attract more customers, but it doesn't necessarily create happy customers.

I have always believed a business doesn't stay in business by selling only one time to each customer. It stays in business by selling repeatedly to happy customers.

In my own online world more than 66% of my sales are to repeat customers (my non-online world it is over 90%) which reaffirms to me that I need to work hard to keep customers returning..

Doesn't mean I get things 100% right all the time, just like everyone else I'm human. I do try to take problems, issues and complaints into account and adjust what I do to try to avoid it happening again to someone else.

RICARMIC