Seller Giveaways

Back in the StampWants days, sellers were able to add items to the giveaways. I don't see where that capability is available on this site. Is this something that is being contemplated? It was a good way to drive traffic to one's store.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We actually have this feature built already, but there's some additional fine tuning we would like to do around the workflow. If you'd like to try it out I will send you a PM with more information.
  • My giveaway is now active. There was a little clunkiness. I sent you a PM with what happened. Could have been me as I didn't drink any tequila before I tried it.
  • Also, for grins, I tried and it seems to have let me enter my own giveaway. It registered 1 entry, but it showed that I have 0 entries.
  • edited April 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    I found the new one.

I have a question/suggestion.

I utilized the giveaways a fair bit in the bidstart days.

I was surprised how many winners of my items weren't even stamp collectors. They were folks (I used to work with folks that did this all their lunch hours) who entered every free contest they could find online.... I can't remember if you had to have an ID before or not, one does now so maybe that will reduce the likelihood of non-stampers entering (from a sellers perspective it means that the number of entries doesn't really represent actual potential customers so it makes it hard to gauge the reach/value of the freebie).

I will probably eventually resume utilizing this as well, I did find that it brought new buyers in....
  • I also had many items up in the giveaways on the older site. As far as I know, you had to have an account on StampWants to enter the giveaways. Of course the old joke, that seems to have transferred over to here, was that in order to win a contest one had to have zero feedback. That wasn't always true, but it sure sometimes seemed like it.
  • I just noticed something rather cool. Buyers who buy the requisite amount of items from the sponsor's store get extra entries to the sponsor's store giveaway in the same manner as one gets extra entries in the site giveaway. Nicely done, Mark!
  • Having an account wouldn't have stopped my "lunch contest guys" they'd just create an id.

Having a rule of needing feedback greater than zero would be good.

It is good that increasing purchases allow extra entries only on the sellers site!!!!
  • Wow already 48 entries on Michaels!

Mark if you are ok with adding another, I'm happy to try as well, please send me the link if you are onboard!

RICARMIC
  • Glad to see this feature coming back. I used it on Bidstamp as well and will put some items up on Hipstamp after my summer travels settle down...

Joe