Not TakenCatalog Number Field Not Auto Populating

edited June 2017 in Bugs 1 LikesVote Down
After entering an Item title i.e. (USA 1943 Used), then pressing "tab", I found the catalog field auto populates from some Item Titles and does not auto populate from other Item Titles.
After trial and error, I think I discovered the bug.
The catalog field will not auto populate if the number corresponds to stamp issued years.
Essentially it does not auto populate for catalog numbers from 1849-2017.
Chris

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just put a # before the 1943 (or whatever) and it will work fine. It needs to be that way to allow for people to put the year date in titles without creating havoc..
  • This isn't a bug - but it is as you described - if we can't tell if your title contains a catalog number or a year, we won't auto-populate the Catalog Number or Year field - since we wouldn't have any way to know which is correct.

However, as Carol noted if you place a # sign before the Catalog Number, we'll know it is a Catalog Number and can auto-populate the Catalog Number field for you. So for example use "USA #1943 Used".
  • I have found that there are instances when the catalog number doesn't completely auto-populate. This is when the catalog number contains letters, like this:

Scott #B36A-B40

When you tab past the title line, the catalog number box auto-populates like this: B36A

You have to manually enter the rest of the catalog number for the set.
  • Thanks everyone