To All Dog Lovers - Berczy Park, Toronto re-opened after 2.5 years

This discussion was created from comments split from: Givaways.

Comments

• 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • To All Dog Lovers - Berczy Park, Toronto re-opened after 2.5 years work on it inc. a spectacular Dog Fountain featuring about 40 diff dogs. If you lover dogs take a look at the Dog Fountain there. On your computer check out Berczy Park Toronto and the article A place for everyone and their dog. Some great photos of the fountain and a real dog. John Talman
  • What does a dog park have to do with this topic? Wastes my time opening this topic to read something that is not material to the discussion.
  • Michael - The question Gina Brewer asked has been well answered by Mark Rosenberg. Since there seemed to be little left to say on the subject and since Gina is a dog lover (with dog pictured) and since Jeri Strathas asked about the dog I thought I would give these dog lovers a bone to chew on. The fountain is of a classic design and the foundry for building the parts is in the USA. The dog sculptures are a beautiful addition Many people love dogs and perhaps didn't stick to the "Giveaway" topic after seeing the beautiful picture of her dog. Some collectors only collect dpgs on stamps.
  • Here, you only get a couple of people reading about the dogs. If you created a new thread, many more people would probably read it since it would also have an appropriate title.
  • I've gone ahead and moved this to a new topic; as yes new topics should be under their own topics.
  • Mark: Thanks for your action. This park opened at the end of June, 2017, and I hadn't been to Berczy Park for several years prior to renovations. I have gone there three times in two weeks since it has re-opened. I must have counted some of the live dogs around the fountain as there are only 27 diff. dogs and one cat sculpture at the fountain but plenty of live visiting dogs and their owners. I thought you had covered the topic well and since the girls seemed to be talking about the dog pictured at the "Giveaway" question site I decided to join in. Perhaps the girls "DOG" banter belongs here as well sine it has nothing to do with "Giveaway".
  • edited July 2017 1 LikesVote Down
    I don't know ... I don't see any Corgi's represented at the Fountain at all! Except for the real one that the owner said the same thing. Doesn't Toronto like the Queen's dog? ha ha, just kidding with ya. I have a Corgi, that's why I was looking for one.
  • Hi Luree: Great to hear from you. Doesn't this fountain put the little boy pisser in Brussels to shame? Hope I hear from many more dog lovers and don't forget the cat! By the way I understand a Cat Fountain is being designed for Toronto. John
  • By the way all the dogs are spouting water back into the fountain and the cat on the edge of the fountain on the left of photo between two dogs is not. As far as I can see all the dogs are different but on any given day now a myriad of diff. dogs will show up with their owners. Many more photo can be found on the internet.
  • Gleekin' gizzards, those dogs can spit!
  • Just goes to show ya ... Cats rule, dogs drool!
  • Not easy to see and I don't think I have mentioned it until now but there is a large golden "Dog Bone" at the top of the fountain. Many more photos on the internet for Berzcy Park, Toronto and I think there are some that show the top of fountain clearer.
  • Ted & Luree - Great humorous comments. My daughter usually ads photos to my listings and in due course we will ad a few more. Thanks again for your input.
  • edited August 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    What movie is this line from "Eat the dog" "Dog is a fine meal"?
  • "The Patriot"
  • I heard Cat is good, too! (she says with a wicked evil grin) :wink:
  • Right Jeri and Cat is a good eat Iuree lol
  • Is that a Mel Gibson movie? John Coles you may have upset some dog lovers and now Luree is working on the cat lovers!
    You make a great pair. Jeri: Thanks for keeping an eye on this thread.
  • By the way - the dog in this latest photo was taken by the dog and is a selfie. It wanted to show the large dog bone at top of fountain!
  • Gina Brewer and Jeri Stathas are somewhat responsible for getting this particular Chatter started - I was reading a thread on "GIVEAWAYS" and the girls were joking about the dog photo used in that item and if the dog was available as a GIVEAWAY. When I tried to join in the fun by pointing out this Dog Fountain newly opened in Toronto. Someone complained and next thing I new Mark had moved me to a new thread. The rest is history and now over 200 people have taken a look. I was just trying to have some fun friends and didn't know what I had started! Hope the dog lovers enjoyed it?
  • The US Senate has just passed a 15.3 Billion aid package for Houston. This should help. Meanwhile I have read that "Houston" at any time has 1 million homeless dogs. People all over the USA are trying to help find a home for them as many animal shelters have been flooded out or wrecked. At this moment "Redemption Paws" are on their way from Canada to bring 40 shelter dogs to Canada. We all want to help people first but great to see that the animals haven't been forgotten Meanwhile Irma heads to the Florida area and they say there are more coming! Keep safe.
  • @ John Thanks for the thread, beautiful fountain and now I know that its not only dogs that bark! :cold_sweat:
  • Jacques - I know what you mean! We will have to talk on the phone one day. Just heading out to call bar bingo but will be in touch. John