"Switched Stamps"

What's the most effective way to deal with a seller who has sent me a stamp I didn't purchase?
I have not tried to contact him yet, nor have I left any feedback.
He advertised the stamp as having a PSE cert. but didn't send the cert. A check of past feedback
on this seller show this "stamp switching" has been done by him before.
Doe Hipstamp condone this sort of scamming?
your imput, please

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Dennis, I would contact the seller and see what he wants to do with this situation. You are not happy with the order, therefore communication needs to be opened up. If the seller does not respond to your messages, whether by messaging system here at Hipstamp or email or both, then open a ticket with the staff. This is not acceptable and probably the staff should know about it.
  • If the seller doesn't respond, or tells you to go fly a kite, file a complaint with PayPal (if you paid through PayPal) that you want a refund for item received was "not as described", and state the other evidence you have.
  • edited September 2017 0 LikesVote Down
    Assuming the stamp was purchased on HipStamp, I'd make sure HipStamp knows about it too, even if the seller makes full restitution (either full refund or the actual stamp with cert). Many shifty sellers rely on the buyer not noticing and/or complaining. When challenged they quickly refund, etc. but don't ever change their stamp switching practices. If HipStamp collects similar info from numerous buyers they have grounds to kick the seller out.
  • yes, I agree. I'll contact him. Although the negative comments about this seller state tha he didn't respond to the buyer.
    It's interesting to see that the switch was so blatant. The one advertised had a cert with it.
    thanks for your replies.
  • this is becoming a more interesting tale. the sale page for this stamp had a photo of the stamp (sc#568) and a photo of the pse cert. I have discovered this am that the photo of the stamp doesn't match the photo of the stamp on the cert.
    BUT, the seller sent me the correct stamp that goes to the cert. Surely by mistake on his part. Now he really does have a stamp that doesn't match the cert. That may very well bite him later.
    I have msg'ed him with the above information and a request to send me the cert for the stamp I have. The correct one.
    The cert is part of the bargain of course.
    If he doesn't respond, I will indeed request a refund from PayPal and make Hipstamp aware of the situation.
    thanks
  • Dennis, go ahead and open a ticket about this situation. It wont hurt and the staff will help you.

Good luck and do let us know how it all turns out.
  • Hey folks,
    I sent 2 messages (9/3/17) to the seller regarding the above. He never even opened the messages.
    Here's what I sent HipStamp when I opened a ticket:
    Sirs,
    I am posting the two (2) messages I sent to seller richfrancs regarding Invoice #999808 from 08/30/2017.

Wrong Stamp
    09/03/2017 10:17:38
    Sir,
    Yesterday I received an SCV #568 from you as per the above invoice number
    I purchased from you on 8/30/2017.
    But it is not the stamp you advertised and I purchased.
    That stamp is listed as "568 PSE GRADE: XF 90, Mint OG h". The photos show
    the correct stamp and the PSE certification #01261814 issued 2/27/2013.
    If you'll send me the correct stamp, I'll immediately return the stamp you did send to me.

Re: Wrong Stamp
    09/03/2017 11:07:08
    As a followup.
    I am in error. It appears you sent the stamp that does in fact go with the PSE cert shown.
    The photo of the stamp you show next to the cert is a different stamp that doesn't go
    with the cert.
    What you didn't send me was the certification itself. If you'll send that on to me we'll
    be squared away.

The seller has not even opened my messages as of this date, 9/16/2017.

I think this seller is infact a "stamp switcher". I mention the fact that one (1) other buyer
    has posted three (3) negative feedbacks regarding this seller either sending an inferior stamp
    instead of the advertised one, or not sending the certification. Which is part of the sales bargain.

While I am going to leave a very negative comment of this seller, I do not want my money back.
    I actually got the stamp that goes with the cert he didn't send. He's going to have a problem in the future if he tries to pass off the certificate with a different stamp. I'm also going to post a "Buyers Beware" notice on this guy in the forum section.

Does HipStamp condone this sort of scamming or are you going to clamp down on this crook?

I'm disappointed HipStamp hasn't monitored this thread nor commented.

Here's my negative feedback to the seller:
    68 PSE GRADE: XF 90, Mint OG h
    Buyers Beware!! You were supposed to send the advertised 568 PSE GRADE: XF 90, Mint OG h with PSE cert. You didn't send the certificate. The stamp you show on the sale page is different than the photo on the cert. BUT, you didn't send the stamp that does infact go with the cert. maybe if you going to scam buyers you ought to make sure you do it right. I don't know what your going to do with the cert now. you don't have a stamp to go with it. And you didn't even open either of the 2 messages I sent you.
  • edited September 2017 3 LikesVote Down
    You state: "I'm disappointed HipStamp hasn't monitored this thread nor commented."

I don't think this is fair. They may casually observe what people write in these threads and comment, but we shouldn't look at this as an expectation. Have you taken the time to report this via the 'Contact Us' link, as we are requested to do when there is a help ticket to be registered? If you do that and they don't respond within a reasonable time (during business hours), then it's a fair criticism.

Sorry you had the troubles above....