Donate blood, if you're able

True random chatter here with nothing philatelic related, so I'll add this in:

preview

I'm off to donate blood today and just here to encourage anyone else who just needs a little reminder to help out. Or for anyone who's never done it before (there's not much to it) a little encouragement to find your local place for donating.

Thanks, Kurt
(who's dipped into the supply in the past when he really needed it so it's nice to go the other way and put some back)

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Great post Kurt. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to donate blood because I had a bone marrow transplant for Hodgkin's Disease. That procedure required a tremendous amount donated blood. I wish I could reciprocate. I can't even be an organ donor for tranplantation. My plan though is to donate my body to science after I pass. Perhaps some up and coming surgeon will be able to practice a new procedure or a new medical student can perform their first dissection.

Bob
  • They make it very easy for us here at work - the BloodMobile pulls up every few weeks!

I've donated three times in the last 9 months! :smiley:

donating blood

Valuable reminder! -- thanks, Kurt!
  • According to his profile on the APS website, Ken Martin had donated about 800 units of blood including more than ten gallons of whole blood and over 700 platelet apheresis products. That is incredible. Thanks to everyone who does donate!!!