Exchanging stamps at the post office.

Hello,

was wondering if in the US you can exchange in the post office, large amounts of small face value stamps (MNH) with a larger value stamp.
Here in Switzerland I can go at the post office with 30x.010cent stamps, and exchange it for one 3.00 CHF stamp(it takes less space for postage

Please Help.

Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.stampcommunity.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57599

Time Management Marketing Examples

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In Canada many of the Post Offices these days are semi-privately run and operate out of a major drug store. The clerks are always fascinated by the older stamps I use on my mail and I have brought some of the mint stamps there to exchange for higher values. With today's postal rates one always needs higher values. Probably not authorized by Canada Post but what they don't know won't hurt them. As for the USA I am sure the authorities don't want to start doing this but what goes on among friends may make for an interesting story. Happy New Year all!
  • The US post office will not buy back or trade stamps, officially. I suppose it is possible an individual clerk may do it (trade) but I doubt it.
  • I was rejected by the local PO because of these various reasons-" those blimp stamps are too long, the image of the plane should be right-side up, those washington stamps have no perforations, we don't recognize that comemorative $5 stamp"
  • LOL. Good one, Ron!
  • Even if the stamps are defective they will not take them back. Last year bought several sheets of a 5 cent stamp for make up to ship internationally. On one self adhesive sheet, the stamps would not peel off without tearing. Took them back to PO and they said sorry, no refunds. While the loss was minimal, the policy is ridiculous.