Happy Daylight Savings

Remember to change the clock before you go to bed tonight. Spring forward 1 hour.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ok I'd rather not go on a rant but since you brought it up....

The jerks who run my state (the one next to yours) have decided they want to go on Daylight Savings Time all year around. Myself, I would prefer Standard time all year around instead. But as it is, I like the time changes twice a year, I like having the sun set early around the holidays, after all, it's only for a couple of months. Seems to me that Savings time is actually not the real time anyway,so why even go on it?

The story goes that the politician put the bill up because his barber whined about not being able to play catch with his kid in the evening. A bunch of malarkey to my mind. I'd be pretty sure he's not playing catch with his kid in the middle of July. So I guess when his kid gets older we can have a bill where the state would go back to Standard time.

John, this isn't directed at you or your post, but appreciate you bringing it up so I can get it off my chest. The idea just irks me.
    Now I feel better, at least a little bit. lol
  • Are there any Daylight Savings Time stamps?
  • edited March 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    Who was happy to lose that hour of sleep?
  • You old Fart, go to bed an hour earlier LOL.
  • What? You can really do that. GO to bed early? Who'd a thunk!
  • Today is National Napping Day. Get that hour back.
  • At my age it is a major accomplishment to stay awake between my morning nap and my afternoon nap.
  • Daylight saving is the best thing since sliced bread was invented. I get an extra hour on the front porch having a beer after dinner til the sun goes down every winter.