A very messy and expensive lesson

edited March 2018 in Chatter 1 LikesVote Down
I have made a large purchase of over 110 stamps here but did not realise that it was from MANY different dealers. When I checked out, I found that about 16 different dealers had to be paid separately, 60 return emails from dealers and PayPal (so far!!). and worse, 16 different mailing costs, prob adding at least 60% or more to the cost of the stamps. The checkout system is a very confusing mess. I expected to pay one amount in one transaction and one mailing cost. I'm very unhappy with the whole experience.
Phill Beard
Armidale NSW AU

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Phillip,

HipStamp is an online marketplace, home to 800 Sellers and over 5 Million stamps for sale. As with most marketplaces, each Seller is responsible for their own items, and will set their own shipping charges. Shipping can not be combined across multiple Sellers, as each Seller is responsible for their own listings.

However, you do not need to pay each Seller separately. When you checkout on HipStamp, you can pay up to 10 Sellers at once. On the checkout page, you'll see a detailed list of items you're purchasing from each Seller, along with the indicated shipping costs. On the right hand side you will see a single "Proceed to Checkout" button. All you need to do is click on Proceed to Checkout, and you can submit one single payment for all 10 Sellers. If you have items from 16 Sellers in your cart, you would just need to do this twice as indicated on the page. Unfortunately, due to limits which PayPal sets, we're unable to combine payment across more than 10 Sellers at once at this time.

In general, when browsing any item listing page (before you add the item to your cart) the username and store name of the Seller will be clearly displayed to you. If you're interested in saving on shipping, you may want to click on the Seller's store, to see what additional items they have available, which you may be interested in.