Calculating the Total of Your Listings

This discussion was created from comments split from: Seller blocking buyer.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Jim, as Luree said many of us are frustrated at this, as well as the loss of the wonderful "My" page which provided everything you needed for all your record keeping without the necessity of trying to learn csv (or whatever it is called) which I still have no clue about. I have to resort to spending a few hours a month doing my own accounting in a ledger book the old fashioned way - that "My" page saved me probably 40 to 60 hours of work a year...... frustrated is too nice a term...
  • edited April 2018 1 LikesVote Down
    Hi Carol,

I know that you have asked about this a few times, and while we do not currently display summary totals within the Members Area > Selling > Listings page, this is fairly easy to do using the Export feature.

A CSV file is a spreadsheet file. There's really nothing you need to learn to calculate the total of your listings, other than click one button - the sum button. Here's an example of myself exporting my listings from my HipComic store, opening the CSV file, and clicking one button (and then pressing enter) to calculate the total of my listings:

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFfbD0bVRH

You can do this in any spreadsheet program, Microsoft Excel, the free WPS Office, LibreOffice, or OpenOffice, etc. The only thing I skipped in the above video is waiting ~30 seconds for the Report to appear in the Reports section.
  • Thank you Mark - I will take a look a bit later. I know it can be done but the only time I made a cvs file it cleaned my store out and you did a great job getting everything back. I still fight all the new drill down architecture because it used to be so easy - I could get totals for different countries with the click of a button..

Thank you for taking the time, like I said I will try it a bit later when everything is quiet.....
  • Well I fumbled my way through exporting, opening the csv file and totaling my offerings. I suppose it wouldn't take that long if one was more computer literate than me. It was a heck of a lot easier to look at the page in bidstart that showed the total, and the Bidstart page did impress Bank type people who tend to think most stamp dealers are some form of alien species. I still prefer the old bidstart page, but then I am an old curmudgeon who does not want to be a tech whizzie, just an old stamp dealer selling stamps.