USPS Rates Inside US

So, I want to mail a 7-pound package containing a stamp album, used that's 9in by6in by 4in. I was going to sell it for $10.00.
What I find on USPS' web site is "Priority mail 2-day" which $8.42
Media mail is $5.72, so I guess I could rip out the pages with anything not looking like a page of a stamp album. Being only $10.00, I would charge 5.72, which is over half the price of the album

Also, I've been thinking of using Ebay to sell some non-stamps stuff and if these prices are indeed correct, I don't see how people do it!
I'm sorry if this conversation is already here somewhere, but I am running into the same problem of searching.

BTW, Selling stamps is too much fun - despite my recent complaints - so I wouldn't dream of selling them on Ebay. . This place is nice and friendly, easy to use, and I don't have to worry about the management breathing down my back as the saying goes.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I found close to the same rates you quoted on the USPS website, with the Media Mail rate being the same and a Priority Mail 3-Day regional rate box (10" x 7" x 4 3/4") being $8.12 for a 7 pound weight. Everything else has a much higher price. Guess those are your only options.

Shipping has become much more expensive.
  • Anything that weighs more than 13 oz must go by priority mail.

Read the requirements for media mail very carefully - I do not believe that stamp albums qualify, could be wrong. Be advised that media mail is being targeted for inspection due to abuse - if it does not contain allowed items either you or your customer will end up paying the priority rate. Whoever gets stuck will not be happy.
  • edited April 2018 1 LikesVote Down
    Stamp albums do not qualify for Media Mail. The album will have to be shipped (when using USPS) by either parcel post or priority mail. You may be able to get a discount buying the postage through PayPal. Remember that with priority mail, you also get $50 insurance. You don't get that with parcel post, or Media Mail.
  • edited April 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    The PO can and does inspect media mail to make sure they are items that qualify as media mail. If they do check it the person receiving the package will be charged postage due BEFORE they can get the package. (I have gotten a few that I had to pay postage due)