SolvedSync with EBay again not working

edited June 2018 in Bugs 1 LikesVote Down
Sold all my available 3 sets on EBay, now I get a conformation from HipStamp, that I sold the item again ! ? ! ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232716196964
( Sold all 3 sets in April ! And on 22 June again on Hip )

And again ! Had one set for sale on EBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232716193182
(Sold 21 June on EBay, and again on 22 June on Hip )

And again one more !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232716194372
(Sold all 5 sets on 8 May on EBay, and again 1 set on 22 June on Hip )

HipStamp syncing is total crap and not working! I think this is the 5th or 6th order that it happen.
In total I have had sold 20-30 stamps which were not available anymore, but Hip is not syncing !

I think I will leave HipStamp because problems occuring over and over again !

\

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Frans,

I am sorry to hear that you're having an issue with our Ebay Sync feature.

I have taken a quick look at this, and it appears the issue is that you disabled the HipStamp Sync from within the Ebay Members area; more specifically you clicked to unauthorize the HipStamp Ebay Sync program, which means we can no longer work with your account in any way. This is why it is not working.

You can fix this by re-enabling the sync from HipStamp. Go to the Members Area > Selling > Seller Tools > Ebay Sync page, and disable the Ebay Sync, and then click to re-enable the Ebay Sync. This will take you back to Ebay, where you can authorize the HipStamp Ebay Sync program once again.

At the moment, if you disable the Ebay Sync from within Ebay itself, we do not have a way to alert you that you've done this (this is a very rare circumstance that someone would unintentionally do this). However, we will look into improving alerting around this in the future.
  • Again, before acting like a ......... when a problem is perceived or found, ASK first like a decent human being instead of having a temper tantrum, threatening to leave, and calling the web site a bunch of names. As is most likely the case, and this instance was no exception, it wasn't the system that caused the problem, but rather a Pebcak error.
  • Michael -- I was going to write the same thing after seeing his tirade, and I was going to add: "I can't wait to see Mark's reply to your rant, calmly pointing out where YOU, yourself, and not Hipstamp, are in error!"

Can someone lend the poor guy a paper towel to wipe the egg off his face?

••• This is a good lesson for complainers in the future: please use the 'HELP' function at the bottom of any page when it is a personal screaming crisis -- save a little face and embarrassment!

p.s. what is a 'Pebcak error'?
  • edited June 2018 1 LikesVote Down
    Dave he was probably typing while drinking his covfefe. The EBay sync can be tricky though as some things are altered on the way over you have to be extremely careful.
  • "Pebcak error": an IT acronym meaning "Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard." Used by technical support helpdesk staff to indicate that the problem with a user’s computer or experience is due to user error. - Per Wiktionary.
  • "Pebcak error": an IT acronym meaning "Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard."

Ha! That's a good one!
  • There are many such acronyms. Two of my other favorites are:

ID-10T Error

Picnic Error

I'll let you Google them.
  • Ha!

Also saw IBM ERROR ! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.