Dealers with majority of a particular country

Hi, How does one locate the dealer or dealers who have the highest quantity of items of a particular country; Austria, for instance or such a method doesn't exist?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The old BidStart had that feature; unfortunately it doesn't exist on HipStamp. I wish it did; it would make country searches a whole lot more convenient.
  • For Oceania (Australia and Pacific nations) that would be KoalaStamps.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/koalastamps-quality-stamps
  • Actually, you can easily do this by browsing or searching for the applicable country (or any keyword for that matter), and then selecting the "One Match per Seller" option under the "Show Only" options on the left hand side of any browse or search results. For example: https://www.hipstamp.com/category/austria/155?parent_id=155&show_only[]=one_match_per_seller

This will group the results by seller, with the sellers with the most results at the top of the list. Just click on the "X more results from this seller" link to view the specific items / seller.
  • Uh oh . . . Rod's in trouble, now. :wink:
  • edited September 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    That is a cool function good to know. CDDStamps is the leader at 12665 postings in this area.
  • Mark,
    One of the reasons for my question was if I need to buy Austrian stamps, I didn't want to put it in my cart. The reason being, I may have other Austrian stamps in my cart already. This could result in paying separate shipping fees to many different sellers.

However, your method solves this problem and I thank you very much.
  • When you check out, you do not have to pay every seller at the same time. You can select an individual seller who you want to pay. The other items from other sellers will still remain in your cart waiting for your disposition (making payment, removing, etc.).
  • Mark,
    I attempted to use the instructions you provided. Also, clicked on the link given. However, it may state that this store has xxxx items for sale, but that does not appear to mean that they have the above (xxxx) in Austrian stamps. It could be that I'm missing an understanding of the instructions. I just wanted to know of all the stores, who has the largest quantity of stamps from Austria. Thanks for your help.
  • It works just as described:

1. Enter Austria in the search box; 82,814 listings found.

2. On the left side of the screen, scroll down slightly, check the box for Show only One Match Per Seller; 1st listing shows 8474 from this seller.

3. Click on the "8474 from this seller" link; you are taken to that store.

4. Enter Austria in that store's search box; 8474 listings found.

5. Click on Sort by: Country/Catalog number.

Cheers,

Ted
  • Ted,
    Your instructions worked so well that I printed the solution and have it on my desk. You have given me a sense of relief, now knowing how easy it can be done. Thank you very much.
  • No problem.