Scott Catalogs for Sale

I have a number of Scott Catalogs that I would like to list for sale. Before I go ahead and list these catalogs for sale, I have a couple of questions.

(1) Is anyone interested in purchasing these catalogs? What I have available, all in very good shape, are a 2018 USA Specialized, and full sets from 2016, 2014, 2012, 2010, 2008 and others before 2008. The full sets include the USA Specialized and the Classic Specialized (1840-1940) catalogs.

(2) I have sold Scott Catalogs before and mailed them through the USPS by Media Mail. In checking the regulations for Media Mail, it looks like it was illegal for me to do so. The following is from the USPS Mail Manual under the Media Mail section:

"Books, including books issued to supplement other books, of at least eight printed pages, consisting wholly of reading matter or scholarly bibliography, or reading matter with incidental blank spaces for notations and containing no advertising matter other than incidental announcements of books. Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers‘ own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style."

The no advertising requirement would definitely exclude shipment of Scott Catalogs by Media Mail.

The problem then is that Priority Mail is the least expensive method to mail these catalogs to a United States address using the USPS. Retail rates start at about $12.00-$13.00 for one catalog (Commercial Rates are less, but I am not able to ship using this category of service). I was planning on asking about $30.00 each for the more recent catalogs including the shipping charge, and then backing the price down to $25.00 and then to $20.00 for the older catalogs, again with the shipping included. If multiple catalogs are purchased at once, I could give a partial refund as a USPS-supplied medium-sized Priority Mail box can just fit in three catalogs with no additional charge based on weight over that for one catalog.

I am not planning on offering them for shipment to addresses outside of the United States as the shipping charge would start at about $65.00 for the least expensive option (for either one, two or three catalogs shipped in one box). However, if someone outside of the United States is willing to pay this shipping charge, I will offer international shipping as an option for the specific catalogs if they let me know which ones that they are interested in.

For those that are selling items like Scott Catalogs and are giving a shipping charge of around $6 within the United States and around $15 for outside of the United States, how exactly are you able to ship at such a low rate? Are these commercial rates that you are quoting? Are you using a shipping service other than the USPS?

I will appreciate any comments, either positive or negative, regarding my questions above.

Richard Pauls (okstamps)
https://www.hipstamp.com/store/okstamps