Nothing

OK, I'm just tired of nobody saying anything so I'm breaking the relative silence with some mindless babble.

So, we had snow in Ohio this weekend and I hate it. I am laughing at the idiots who planted their annuals before Memorial Day, though. How about you?

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Seen that on the news- same in Michigan. Hard frost last weekend in the Burbs of Chicago and 80's next weekend. Getting the garden going this week hoping for no more frost!!!!
  • Out here in Saskatchewan, we are just going to keep Roasting our Buttends off! We have never been treated with a Winter / Spring like this since the days of the Dust Bowl!

I'll stick with the HEAT! You can have the Cold in Ohio! :blush:
  • Out here in the Pacific Northwest we are definitely unusually warm all Spring long. Currently normal in the upper 60's but we just came off of weeks in the 70's/80's. The 80's in April!! Unheard of around here. My yard sure is looking like a lush golf course (which doesn't usually kick in until June or July) so I can't complain.
  • 3-5 inches of snow in Northern Maine but I live in the middle os the state, none here. Yah!
  • az

Pleasant 93 here in Arizona today
  • Wow! You can keep that. Just send the scenery without the dust.
  • Lol. Por farmer just plowed for planting and dust devil hit. Unusual.
  • That aint pleasant by any means!!!!
  • I am guilty! planted my garden and I am feeling sorry now!
  • Hey Michael, nice haboob!
  • The haboobs usually come in July during our monsoon season. But glad you like my haboob...
  • I lived in Gilbert for a couple of years. Worked down in Ocotillo at the Intel plant.
  • Snowed here @ 9k ft. in the Co. Rockies yesterday....

Garden is tilled.....seedlings are all started INDOORS.....going into the coldframes as they sprout :)
  • It has rained severely for the past three days. Vicious lightening that has struck very close, close enough to feel the tingle. This should last for the rest of the week. Roads have been flooded and people are driving crazy!

Oh wait, normal South Florida weather for mid-May.

And the Tampa Bay Lightening are looking very good! Go Bolts!
  • Ok looks like we survived the frost! The garden is alive!
    Now, about the idiot that started a conversation about Hipstamp on BS forum...
  • Still to early to plant outside here yet.........A bunch of stuff started in the coldframes.....Wait till early June to put them in the ground..... After the snows stop up here....then it's MAJOR hailstorms.
    Been a good day..a lot of outside chores accomplished..in the mid 60's & should continue thru the weekend :)

• edited May 2016 0 LikesVote Down
    I have a vague recollection, or maybe just a desire, about sitting on a balcony in a hotel or condo overlooking the Gulf (of Mexico) and watching a lightning show way out in the gulf.....Lightning is raw power and I have always been fascinated by it and love to watch it for hours on end. Thousands and thousands of amps. I don't like it that there are consequences like floods and worse.
    Had a storm produce a non-stop lightning show last year that lasted for hours, the downside being 16 inches of rain.
    Well this is chatter.
  • Yeah....we get some major lightning storms here...9K ft. elev. surrounded by forest, & power surges most every storm.

Read somewhere that lightning strikes the Earth something like 300 times a MINUTE !!!!!!!!

Here's a neat video of lightening strikes from a satellite....enjoy :)