Item sold but no longer available

An item was sold but it was no longer available as it sold back in May on my other site, Delcampe. I immediately issued buyer a full refund but how do I go about not paying commission on a "no sale"? I've had this happen several times in the past with smaller amounts and just let it go by. Can this be reconciled with HipStamp?
Thanks, Frank

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added

• Step 1:

Image1

Got a problem?

Image1

Got a question?

Image1

Need help?

Image1

Anything else?

Image1

Still not clear?

Image1

• Ted, do you have an image of a "blue" face?

Seems to me if you're selling items on multiple sites, you have an obligation to make sure that when an item sells on one site that you remove it from all other sites where it is also listed for sale. If not, you have an obligation to sell that item to the buyer(s). I always leave negative feedback to sellers when that happens, because you tied up my money, and wasted the time and effort it took to find and buy the item that was already sold.
  • I always cross check synched items that sell to make sure this does not happen*.

It is very good now. The odd time a multi item is not correctly lowered but even that hasn't even happened for quite a while now.

*Cross checking takes a lot of time. I am "lucky" because I only sell larger stuff (normally $10 or higher) so my volume of items to check is not as large as it would be for folks selling lots of smaller priced items.
  • edited November 2018 1 LikesVote Down
    I agree, Michael. That same thing happened to me recently. A customer bought a stamp I had already sold, but didn't realize I had a duplicate listing. Mine was the lowest priced listing, and I felt awful about letting down a customer. I found a sale listing for the same stamp of similar quantity and bought it for my customer, even though it was almost twice as much, and I had to pay shipping from Germany. I was lucky to have had such an understanding customer, and everything worked out in the end.
  • Thanks for your feedback and have been in contact with customer and is totally understanding. I normally always cross check and close the other site but this one evidently slipped thru.