Payment Challenges for New Buyer

Hi all ... I am a new buyer to HipStamp, and have made my first purchases. However, my attempts to make payments are not working. Following my attempts, I have gotten a message that payment failed, and that I should email the HipStamp administrator. I have now sent two emails over three days, and not gotten a response. Also, have set up a PayPal account (which I would've preferred not to), and still the same issue whether I try to pay with PayPal or via the Credit/Debit Card button option. Any suggestions. ALSO ... why aren't my purchases showing up in my cart? I have to go to purhcases via the Members Area to see my purchases ... is this part of the problem? My cart shows empty, but I have two multi-stamp orders in my purchase screen. Thank you!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Victor, scroll to the bottom of this page and click on "Contact Us" to open a ticket. With this being a weekend it might take until Monday for them to check into your situation, but someone will respond to you. The staff is wonderful and they will help you, but open a ticket.
  • Hi Victor,

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue making payment for your purchase. It looks like you've sent in a support request two days, to which our team responded to you, and you followed-up with them again last night. You should hear back from our team again by Monday, to help you resolve the issue, and ensure you can pay for the items in question. One thing you may want to try in the interim is calling your credit card company, as the issue could be that they're blocking the payment you are trying to make. They should be able to review your recent history and let you know if that's the case.

Your shopping cart represents items you have not yet purchased. Any purchases you have made, including through auctions or offers, will show up in the Members Area > Buying > Purchases section - not the shopping cart.
  • edited November 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    Have attempted to pay with two different credit cards, both of which worked both before and after my attempts here on HipStamp. I will await an answer from HipStamp admins on Monday. Thanks for your responses, Luree and Mark.
  • edited November 2018 0 LikesVote Down
    Hi Victor,

I am a HipStamp Admin (note my STAFF badge).

With payment issues such as the one you described, the number one reason for such issues is as I described above, that your credit card company may specifically be blocking payments you are making through HipStamp. It doesn't mean that there's an issue with your credit card, or that it wouldn't work elsewhere (it would). It just means that your credit card company is specifically blocking any charges made through HipStamp (to prevent fraud, etc.) It's generally a quick fix by calling your credit card company and checking any recently attempted transactions.

That's not necessarily what is happening in your case, but as that's the number one issue we see, it would make sense to check this first.
  • Credit card companies are being especially careful if you buy from overseas vendors to prevent fraud. Many European dealers advise US residents to call up their credit card company to advise of an overseas payment before purchases to prevent such an issue. I don't blame them, because if the credit card number has been illegally obtained by crooks (somehow, somewhere) the credit card company will be ultimately responsible for making good.
  • When the seller is shipping from outside the U.S., Paypal requires me to transfer the funds to the Paypal account first (the "Paypal balance"). This is annoying as Paypal takes up to five days to give credit for the transfer even though my bank shows the transfer hitting my account immediately. Note that I have never bounced any transfers to Paypal. Once they notify me the transfer is complete, I have no further problems paying by Paypal to a foreign seller.
  • Thanks all ... received a steps to resolution email with a PayPal customer service number contact that I will attempt to work with in the morning. Much appreciated. Vic