USPS Business practice - BOOO!

I see that there are 5 new issues comping up the end of this month/first of next month. The dates are 5-29, 5-31, 6-1 and 6-2. There are actually a couple more that I'm not interested in, partly because of this policy.Three of them would be on a different days that the ones I mentioned above.
A couple of these I think have a slim chance of being collectible and would like to pre-order them. I'd hate to have one sell-out before they actually go on sale like the circus one, I forget whether it it is the perforated or non-perforated, sheet or mini-sheet. (Yes, there's also the one from the yearbook)
But then again, I thought that the Charlie Brown Christmas set would be. It might actually be desirable to a great number of people, but the fact that they are still on sale will seal the fate of it ever becoming worthwhile to buy a few extra of.
I want to let people know that if you pre-order these, you'll get charged for the shipping separately for each day that you pre-order. I emailed customer support and was told this. As my wife told me, I'm worth it, if I want them then the extra postage doesn't really matter.
On the other hand, it's not the end of the world if it does sell out. I got the circus one at only a slightly larger price.

It'd the way they are doing this that makes me mad. There are 8 different pre-order issues between the 7 days from May 28 and June 3, another one on June 7, yet another on June 10. And it's only May 20. What a rip-off, in my opinion.

I would say that if you feel the same way, then write them about it. But that's another stamp, probably wasted, and you can find a place on their web site to email them.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Were it not for World Stamp Show NY2016, those new issues would likely be spread more evenly over the course of the year. What is more disconcerting to me is the number, not the timing, of new issues.