Whats in your vegetable garden!

Well I finally got my garden in 4 types of tomatoes-Heirloom, Big Boys, cherry and Roma. 2 types of cucumber 1 regular and 1 bush, 2 pickles. A summer squash and 2 zucchini,red leaf lettuce, onions, green beans and radish's. I also have a separate herb garden with oregano,chives, 2 types of basil Mexican and purple, mint, rosemary, parsley, sage, tyme and tarragon. So whats in your garden?

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Deer. They love the smorgasbord.
  • Only rabbits and squirrels by me. Got the rabbits cover but those darn squirrels are tricky!!
  • No garden for us. Just found out we have moles. Dang things are hard to get rid of. Bummer.
  • Actually, I am just anticipating the deer.
  • Luree ever watch Caddy Shack-- dynamite doesnt even work on them!!!!!
  • I love that movie, I'm alright ...
  • We have hardware mesh, about 8" down, covering the whole garden area. You know Wiley Coyote did get the roadrunner......once.
  • I had about 3 inches of hail in mine yesterday :(
  • NOTICE ON DEER.....They don't eat Bearded Iris's :)
  • No they don't, Patrick. But they do love beets and beans!
  • Just looked out this morning....Now 3inches of snow on the ground :(.....It will get to the upper 40's today, so it won't stick...Again....I'm @ 9K ft. in the Co Rockies with GREAT southwestern exposure...& herds of Mule Deer walking thru daily :) ....The Iris's?......They've always brought back very happy childhood memories, When I found out the Deer don't like them?.......I built a huge stone planter last year & loaded it up with rhizomes.....Had something very strange happen in the garden last year.....I grow my beans alternating rows of pole beans with bush beans........Some type of burrowing critters (never did find out what they were).....Tore the crap out of the pole beans....yet left the bush beans planted right next to them alone??????? I even had moth balls out there already to keep the rabbits out !!!!!!! Strange???????.......This summer I'm building a few raised beds & cover the bottoms with hardware cloth for the pole beans.....I've pretty much always kept a veggie garden....good place to clear my head........Yet 5 years now up on this mountain & I'm finally creating some good soil out of whats basically decomposed granite....I've hauled tons of manure up here to compost :/ ..........ANYONE who has info or links for high elevation gardening? PLEASE let me know ....Thanks :)....Patrick
  • My cucumbers die, but everything else survive. Long Island is in the 80's this weekend! Tomorrow out to the big show in NYC.
  • Well my garden is in full swing now! Radishes and beans have sprouted, cucumbers and squash have grown and 1 cucumber plant has a bloom. Also my heirloom tomato plant ha 2 tomatoes. Squirrels have finally decided to leave my onions starts alone dang buggers where pulling them up.
    I hate store bought tomatoes no flavor and you pay good money for them.