Let Me Ask How would you Grade this early 1900's 1 cent Washington Stamp I'd say Mint

The Stamps has Orig gum and the black specs are in the gum not dirt Just got to figure out which type it is but i wish all the stamps were like this i seen a bunch in one of the album stock pages with other its never been hinged Thanks
47574376_10213100009480233_1175481262710718464_n
47580842_10213100009000221_4855887714165194752_n

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • MNH with inclusions.
  • Since you can't see the "inclusions" from the front, I suspect it may be on the surface of the gum (like transferred ink blotches)? That would be that way from the printing (and stacking) process in normal production. You can see the faint lines from the stamp sheet it was resting on, and the splotches seem to line up with what would have been a the heavier-inked border. If accurate, it may be "MNH with modest ink transfer on back" if you want to have full disclosure. I can't figure out why the perfs are so heavily affected.
  • Hi Doug Yes the dark areas are ink on the glue.But it was over inked and the engraving lines in the portrait area are non existent and also the berries are not that detailed nor the ribbons on the bottom Oval. But would this indicate that this is flat press printing and also would this be a earlier issue in the printing process or a later one It looks crisp and like it was just printed and torn off the sheet.I mean i'd like all my stamps this good i think its really not a valuable stamp but a nice one in condition wise i think thanks Again