Create Listing

Hi,
I notice during creating a listing that if you type in "Item Title" a number with # in front of it, that the "Catalog Number" will be filled automatically.
My question, what is the combination to type a year in the "Item Title", that it will be filled automatically in the field "Year of Issue".
There must be, or why is it, if I type manually a year in "Year of Issue" and edit later something in the "Item Title", the "Year of Issue" will get blank automatically and I have to type the year in it again, little irritating and disturbing.

thanks in advance for any answer.

Martin

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you are using the correct catalog number then the year will fill in automatically. In my case I start with US followed by scott number and the year is automatically updated. Also the system will automatically recognize other key words in the title like PB for plate block., pair or PR for pair, block or BLK for block, etc
  • Thanks Michael,

it seems it is working only for the USA and GB, I tested it with Germany and my main Country Thailand and there it is not working.
    If i type Thailand #2665 only the Country and Catalog Number will automatically be filled, years stays blank, but it should be 2012.
    And if I type the year 2012 manual, go than back to the tile and change it by adding the word pair (Thailand #2665 pair), the year goes blank.
    Same behavior for Germany, I tested only this four countries.
  • Songpon:
    If you go back into the title page, then the details like year, will go back to what the system interprets from the the title when you exit the title area. This "super intelligence" is in effect for all countries. It can be annoying but once you are aware that the title is interpreted each time you move out of the title area then you just need to make sure any manual entries are entered after making final changes to your title.
    Mike
  • Michael, I find many cases where the year doesn't fill in automatically when I use the "List Similar" feature and replace the old title with the title for the new listing. All of my titles contain Scott #xxx followed by the year. I don't know why the system doesn't always capture the year from the title, but it happens. It's not a big deal for me. I just need to remember to make sure the box for the stamp's year is filled either automatically or manually.
  • Thomas:
    I have seen that same issue randomly when using the "list Similar" feature, also if you change the Scott catalog number in the title then that is not always automatically updated in the details box, other times it is updated. Just another thing to be aware of and check for before moving on to the next page. I try to use the bulk lister when ever practical.
    Mike
  • Another thing that needs to be monitored is how the 'AI' interprets country names. I list a fair amount of postal history (covers) and, as just one example, if my title includes the US State of 'New Jersey,' the system invariably changes the secondary country name to 'Jersey' (as in, the Bailiwick of).
    I share the same issue as the OP where the year date tends to go blank on me with subsequent new listings.
    Big picture, the auto-fill is a helpful adjunct, but it needs to be watched carefully so it doesn't help you into a boo-boo.