News?....Info?

Quoted are parts of a newsletter I receive from a Bidstart seller.

Anyone know anything about these 2 claims?

1 "Bidstart is still open. The New Site has been shown to the public and will be put into operation on June 30th (Fingers crossed)."

2. "We are being told that The old B/S site is <30 days from running."
I guess they mean Running out?

This is the first I've heard of any of this.....Comments?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thats strange, or maybe not, that a customer would be getting communication from SG and we the sellers/store owners haven't heard diddley squat! Typical, just typical. Customers get the news and we get lip service!
  • This was a sellers newsletter I received....Yet again, I see no mention of any of this either on the BS or SGM forums.....

Maybe they received one of those phone calls?

BTW...Looked last night & the SGM forum seems as dead as BS
  • This is the latest I have heard. Quote from SG below:

"As a result of these issues and more, we are currently working to completely overhaul the marketplace with a full update being released towards the latter part of summer"
  • Interesting. Apparently they feel they are under no obligation to let those of us contractually obligated to them under Bidstart (but not the Marketplace) in on their plans. I was invited to onboard early but chose not to, I wonder if the invitation still stands ( it really doesn't matter at this point - just curious).

It would be nice to know what "these issues and more " are. Did they not disclose "these issues" in their message ?
  • Yes. This was the last paragraph of a long apologetic email to one of my customers on the Marketplace (he shared it with me).. Apparently, sometime during the week before Memorial Day weekend, buyers had problems logging in, site was crashing, and buyers could not access their purchase history - didn't know what they bought or from whom or if the seller received the order.
  • Thanks, Now things make more sense. And it sounds like they are several months away from closing down Bidstart, which I believe we were told several months ago would be very soon.
    This will go down as a textbook case of the pitfalls of having system parameters defined by management who have no clue as to how each request for a new feature can impact features already implemented. I've watched this twice before and it isn't pretty. This will be the Winchester Mystery House of the stamp world, always near completion but never quite finished.
  • "Overhauled"?

SGM v.237.1 :neutral:
  • From Merriam-Webster: "Overhaul" - "to look at every part of (something) and repair or replace the parts that do not work"

They have a long way to go.