bidstart RSA Encryption Certificate Expired

Has anyone else attempted to log on to bidstart today (July 6th)? I attempted and received the notification that the RSA Encryption Certificate for bidstart expired Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 5:59:59 PM MDT.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • No issues for me. To test it further, I logged out and back in, to make sure I could get back in.
  • Expiration of the Certificate does not preclude you from logging into the bidstart site. It does indicate that without the Encryption Certificate the information included in your transactions of buying and selling may be vulnerable because they are not as secure without the Encryption Certificate.
  • My most recent attempt to log into the bidstart site did not not give the same message as my earlier login attempt which would lead one to believe that, possibly, the Certificate has since been updated and/or renewed.
  • Looks like they have a new security certificate issued, bidstart still fails various security tests however.
    I found a site that will test websites and it's been graded "F" since their certificate expired the other day.
    Lot of non compliance issues; what that means to the average user is beyond me. Though I certainly am not comfortable when I get a screen that says the site is unsafe. That happened a couple of times yesterday. Today I took a look and no issues but I didn't see the https this morning but I just noticed it's back up.

A google search brought me to htbridge.com It is a testing site so I tried some of the other stamp sites to confirm to myself that there are differences between different sites. ebay A+, 2go was a C; Stanley Gibbons was an A.