Photo upload guidelines?

edited March 2019 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
Hi, I'm new to the form and am trying to upload my photos to my post, but it's not working. Is there a size or size dimensions limit per photo?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited March 2019 0 LikesVote Down
    I can't tell if my photos uploaded. Pls let me know if they're missing and I'll re-upload. Thx
  • They're not showing up here . . . sorry.
  • Thanks. It might be the size. Is there a size and dimensions limit for posting images?
    Still can't upload my photos and haven't been able to find the upload guidelines anywhere. Would appreciate help with this. Thanks.
  • Hi, I would use eBay's guidelines if there's none here, as I know these work (as HipStamp has an eBay sync feature).

"500 pixels is the minimum but we highly recommend a picture size of at least 1600 pixels on the longest side. Most modern digital cameras and smartphones can produce at least this size image. We also recommend that you do not compress the photo before uploading it to eBay."

Best to use a scanner for stamps and covers, photos just look like crap. :)

Rod
    Great, thanks! Very helpful. All of mine are hi-res and pretty large so I thought that was the reason I couldn't upload. Thanks again ☺️
  • The forums have different limits for image than creating a new listing. I believe you can not upload an image which is larger than 2MBs in the forums. If your image is larger than that, try resizing it first.
  • I resize my images to 900 pixels which seems to work very well both for uploading and for clarity of image.
  • I also resize to 900 pixels which seems to work just fine.