China help!

Looking for that China person to help me ID these guys for certain! Thanks in advance.China_NEW_0002
China_NEW_0001

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The original owner of this collection had these hinged on a page of "What's it's" , So He/She wasn't sure. you see that blank page(s) in the back of all China collections I think. I'm not familiar enough to make an accurate call listing them.

But....I know with all of the knowledge floating around here someone will help a gal out!
  • There's a picture of them in the China listings in Scott. Issued in 1897. You'll have to figure out the surcharge size to ID them correctly.
  • Thanks Michael, I think I'm going to send these off as there is quite a price spread between printings. Appreciate the quick response!

K
  • I thought you might get a little adrenaline rush when you saw the values. Nothing major, but nice to discover that!
  • Right? My Grand daughter, Anastasia follows me around the house asking " Can you feel it Mr. Krabbs, can you feel it? Now I can tell her, I'm feelin it! Lol. I don't know who watches more sponge Bob, them or me.

By the way Michael, I want to thank you for always treating me well here in the forum. This is an awesome platform with great folks with lots of knowledge and usually it is generously shared by all (well most). Your responses to all are well thought out, humorous and , well sometimes pretty snarky (love that!). Let you in on one, the name is David's but my husband is never in the forums, that's me and our daughter's Olivia & Amanda's dept.When we signed up here in 2007 David was afraid if we used my name people might not take us seriously because well, I'm a woman! David cannot type, can't see or recognize numbers, add, subtract, , nothing. He uses a voice recognition software but with his accent it can be very very jinky and it's liable to print something wildly different than what he's saying! That really is me and him in the little picture, we just celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary in March before he went to Turkey. Bought some really cool material too, I don'ty know if I'm more excited to see him or the stamps!, Ah, that's not true, but kinda funny.
  • We have, and have had, some great ladies online here, and on the predecessor iterations. You don't have to worry about not being treated as an equal. After all, all of us "play" with little pieces of paper, don't we? I also play with little trains.

Congratulations on your 35th. It's nice to know a couple i can relate to. In about three weeks, I'll be celebrating my 36th, or maybe she'll be celebrating. I'm never sure how that works, but if i try to figure it out, I'll go crazier than I already am.
  • I love it! Congrats! That man of mine with his 4 feet of stone black hair took me to my senior high prom as Mrs David Paul Rueppel, He just turned 18 & I just turned 17. Wasn't in trouble or anything, it was magic at first site my dad signed for me and we've been makin beautiful as you say crazy music ever since, 5 kids, 7 grand kids,and a big tabby cat named Wumbo, he's 52 , I'm 51 and I'll tell you being married to a person with a profound disability like David has keeps things a riot. Yes, life is so good with the one you love, who loves you and especially when the two of you love playing with little pieces of paper. (By the way, I'm sure she's already celebrating! Enjoy that!)
  • edited April 2019 0 LikesVote Down
    Yeah. Shes's already telling her friends. Also her birthday is in two weeks... At least I get most of it out of the way in a two week period!

By the way, I proposed to her during a lunar eclipse, so I can always claim lunacy.