curious what cash value this stamp has: us 191 ninety cent Perry 'SPECIMEN' ; NOT USED, OG;

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Mike, the Scott U.S. Specialized has a section on this. I only have a 2007 copy at my disposal, and it lists F-VF value of Scott # 191S at $80 with part original gum.

-Doug
  • That one looks like the exact same same stamp that sold on that other site last week for $35 with 16 bids. That would be the "cash value"
  • This is a nice stamp, US specimens aren't highly collected but they are fairly inexpensive as opposed to the regular issue mint. $35 seems a little low probably more like $60.
  • Thanks to everyone for your comments.
    Although I'm an old collector, I am fairly new at this online aspect of interaction.
    !! you are right Carol ! your observation is right on... I probably should have asked 'what is the catalogue value?'; or, "Is this stamp a good buy, or investment'...
    Thanks
  • Stamps are not a good investment.
  • Check your "specimen" types as I have found imperf proofs that were later privately perforated.
  • William good observation, I've seen a bunch of US Newspaper proofs reperforated to look like the regular issues although you can usually tell by the paper difference. It would appear that's not the case here. If it were the deceiver should have just removed the Specimen and the stamp would be worth much more.