shipping times for items purchased from foreign sellers

This discussion was created from comments split from: Suggestions to improve HipStamp.

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hip Stamp needs to greatly institute more stringent requirements on foreign sellers regarding shipping times for items purchased from foreign sellers. Took 44 days to receive my order. This is unacceptable, Will not be doing business on Hip Stamp anymore, Going back to E-Bay.
  • Don... there are plenty of sellers located on HipStamp from the US, so there is no need to go back to E-Bay. Also, check to see when the items were mailed from your foreign seller. Perhaps the delay was caused by the mail system and not the seller. If it was the seller's delay, you can post negative feedback to alert other buyers of the bad service you received.
  • yes don't bail out on Hipstamp over this Don! many many good folks, great folks here, and for the most part very professional. I sold to a guy in Australia many times (I realize your seller is out of U.S) one day he sends me a really terse email telling me his material from over a month ago hasn't arrived. I refunded him and like three days later it was there, and he sent me the money back. It sometimes just happens. And I think all here would agree with you that 44 days is really out of line, if it was the sellers fault. I do think Mark and the gang are doing their best, don't know any of them personally but they always address issues quickly one way or the other. They care about the site and it shows.

Kitty R
  • Who's to say it wasn't your customs office holding up your order? Don't blame the seller or this site by default, unless you know details that you didn't share in your post.
  • Really. I get regular shipments from Algeria, and the delivery times vary widely. The shortest time was 7 days, while the longest was over 3 months.
  • You can't always blame the sellers. I try to get my mail out the next day but my shipping times vary greatly. Best So Far South Florida to England THREE DAYS. I told my Mail clerk and he said that's not suppose to happen (by Normal Mail). Worst South Florida to New Zealand 83 DAYS. By Canoe / Inner tube / Pigeon Post? Luckily my NZ Customer is a great guy and very patient.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/harry-patsalos-philatelics
  • Come on now. Everyone knows that when a HipStamp seller places an order in the mail, it magically arrives the very next day anywhere in the world! Mars takes 2 days, however, so buyers from there have to show a tiny bit of patience.
  • edited May 2019 2 LikesVote Down
    Because of ONE seller you will keep away from Hipstamp? What about the hundreds of other sellers doing a good job? You can leave a negative feedback so this seller improves his service and buyers will be aware and on the other hand you could read the feedbacks and you will see that there are sellers who ship very fast...for instance me! Most feedbacks mention my speed of mailing.
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/directmaildiscount
  • The first thing the buyer should have done, before blowing his crud all over the place, is to look at the cancellation date. If it was a day or so after payment cleared, then there is nothing to complain to the seller about. The order was shipped timely. Holds ups in international mail at the outgoing customs and receiving country customs are common.

The the seller threatens us with his leaving. Oooooooo, I'm scared. Good riddance, I say. Who wants buyers with attitudes like that anyway? Miserable, old mean collectors don't care about reality. They only care about their own personal la la land.
  • Maybe he was looking for a way out. It's always better to blame others than to do a little research and accept life the way it was dealt to us. Also, one question rambles through my mind, was there any communication betwixt buyer and seller? Remember, if you have a problem ask the other person before bringing something like this to an open forum and then never coming back to comment! Just takes away from my research on stamps. After all, it's all about me! lol, just goofing.
  • Yes it’s all about me too lol
  • Small envelopes from UK to USA should only take 6 to 7 days , however, if the Post Office get the mail mixed it may be sent by ship rather than Air, and that can take 42 days

Take a look for yourself https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

• How much does it take to ship stamps to Italy?
  • International shipments from the United States can take four to six weeks or more, especially to Italy as Italy is a problematic country with its import restrictions regarding stamps and many other things.
  • How much does it take to ship stamps to Italy?

Plenty of faith, trust and an abundance of blind optimism.