Presentation

Hello, good afternoon, my name is Juan Francisco Leal Guerrero.
I am from México and i am 37 years old, I've been collecting postal stamps for 21 and that history beguine like all the histories of friendship.
I knew an argentinian girl in internet, and in that time she has problems with the connetión and she talk about that with me in a messenger, She was going to lose forever of my life and I was not going to know more about her, so I decided to offer her a penpal friendship from Mexico, to Argentina and she agreed to have that postal exchange.
One day, when I went to the central post office, to deposit a letter addressed to her, I saw an old man approach one of the employees in the office and asked
What stamps do you sell to collect? And I was surprised, because I never thought that the postage stamps were collectible. When I returned home that afternoon, I told him what happened to my mother and she gave me the first piece of my collection, a piece of Spain, with 2PTAS face value and with the image of General Franco
I've been collecting postal stamps from 8 different countries for 15 years:
1.-Germany.
2.- Argentina.
3.- Chile
4.- Spain.
5.- United States.
6.- Egypt
7.- France.
And of course Mexico.
and that is my story with the philately, a great hobby.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome, Juan. I admire your discipline, in being able to limit your collecting to just 8 countries. I have often tried to limit my focus to a few countries, but I always end up buying the whole world. There are so many nice stamps from every country, it is hard to limit yourself - like trying to stick to a diet.
    The classic issues of Mexico are some of my favorites to collect, as well as the modern Exporta series.
    I look forward to hearing more about your collecting activity.

Ted
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/tatyszka-stamps
  • Welcome, Juan, and thanks for giving us your story. In childhood I was given a World album, but soon turned to collecting US only. For many years I abandoned the hobby, returning about a dozen years ago. I've been selling on HipStamp and its predecessors for almost as long. Now I own several different country albums and collect also topicals on classical music. Often I buy stamps just because I love the designs.

Doug
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/beemoz