I need to know what these Stamps are worth please.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • A complete absolutely mint sheet of the 1973 Bahrain war tax stamp. Cancelled and dated 4 th November 1973.
    I believe this is the rare war tax stamp issued only between 1st october 1973 and 30 November 1973.
    I took it to Stanley Gibbons and they said they had never seen a complete sheet , let alone one with cancellations.
    I would like to know what they are worth , given a used one catalogues at £85 and a mint one at £135 .
    SG suggested sending them for auction, which i declined at the time.
    Thanks for your time.
  • edited September 2019 0 LikesVote Down
    Well, Scott has reclassified this stamp. It is no longer a war tax stamp. It is a postal tax stamp, In the 2020 catalog, it is Bahrain Scott #RA1.

The sheet you are showing is not mint. It is canceled to order (CTO). The value in the Scott catalog for a used stamp is for a stamp that has been postally used, thus the italicized value. As a CTO, the value of this stamp will probably be very much less than the italicized value.
  • I think Stanley Gibbons gave you the best option for this item. An auction with Middle Eastern Clientele would fetch you the best results.
  • edited September 2019 1 LikesVote Down
    The Bahrain stamp is way over priced in the catalog and is hard to sell at any price. The sheet is very rare as stated. A good auction or put it on an online stamp site. Start it at what you want as a BIN with an offer option and wait. Maybe some one with oil money will buy it? If it doesn't sell after a year, then if it were mine i would break it down into blocks of 4 and then a few pairs. actually it is a fairly common stamp that has the advantage of a high catalog price.
  • edited September 2019 1 LikesVote Down
    I've seen this stamp Bahrain Ra1 used sell for $10-40 wide range. Although your sheet is CTO its a nice piece but probably not going to command a huge price tag.