Plate Flaw?

I think I got ripped off. This Germany Michel A113 was described as a Plate Flaw III. I looked up Michel A113 Plate Flaw III on the internet and it says it involves the right rosette. Here is the scan of the right rosette...RIGHT ROSETTE
Here is the scan of the left rosette...
LEFT ROSETTE
What do you think? Thanks.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is what plate flaw III looks like.
    A113-III
  • edited September 2019 0 LikesVote Down
    As a stretch, you might have an early version of the flaw before the damage fully progressed...or its just a splatter of printing ink. Regardless, it appears you might have gotten hosed.
  • In fact, Luis, that is not even the A113 (Scott 82) design. I think it is Mi #63 (Scott 62). Does your stamp say "Reichspost" (Mi 63) or "Deursches Reich" (Mi A113)? The rosettes on yours do not have the center shading line going halfway up each petal.
  • Yep, I got ripped off. Oh, well. You live and you learn. Ted it says "Deutsches Reich". Thanks guys for taken the time to get me an accurate answer.

hs
  • Did you pay by PayPal? If so, you can file for a refund for the fraudulent description.
  • Then again, yours could be Mi 78 (Scott 75), which has a pretty good catalog value itself.
  • Unfortunately, it's been over a year that I bought it. That specific seller only accepted checks (now, I know why). I've learned my lesson!
  • Ted, what is the difference between Scott 75 and 82?
  • I think you mean Scott 92, not 82. Scott 92 has a watermark (lozenges) and is perf 14.5 x 14.5, while 75 is perf 14.25 x 14.5. That 1/4 perf difference though, is enough so that #75 has 26 perf complete perf holes across the top and bottom edges, while #92 has 25. Yours has 25.