sales stats question

I guess hip does not offer records of sold items of any seller.

So I was trying to estimate how many items any given seller sold based on their feedback.

Can you guys give me any inout about how many buyers leave feedback? Say of 60% leave feedback and a seller has 200 feedbacks a month it would mean app. 330 sales.

I know this is not accurate, but at least it would give me an idea of what to expect.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's really simple. When you look at the feedback you can view both the number of feedbacks left for the seller and the number of feedbacks left by the seller. (Hippostcard is way off as it's now down to about 40% or less depending on the seller and has been dropping for awhile)
  • I'm amazed at how many buyers leave no feedback...many sellers are also guilty of this, and I suspect many hold back, waiting for the buyer to leave theirs, in effect holding the buyer's feedback as hostage. This has happened to me on several occasions. When a buyer pays me, I leave feedback immediately. When I buy something and have completed my end of the bargain, as it were, and the seller leaves none, there's no way they're getting one from me when the stamps arrive. I realize feedback isn't mandatory, nor is it always a reliable indicator, but it does help some. I sleep better knowing a stamp order has arrived, and in those instances where tracking isn't used, feedback is the only indicator that it has.
  • What amazes me if that some feedback doesn't make any sense. One buyer recently purchased 159 stamps and received positive feedback from me. I received feedback from the buyer for 128 stamps. All with the same single word comment ... "Perfect" .... Yet only 88 were given as "positive" with the other 40 were given as "negative". Why give negative feedback to a "Perfect" transaction? Why give no feedback for 33 other stamps purchased in the same transaction?

During the past 12 months I have received feedback on 81.5% of my sales.
  • Thanks to all the input.
    I randomly checked some higher volume sellers and between FB left as seller and received there seems to be a 40% difference. About 60% of buyers leave feedback.Which is higher than I expected.
    On my main line of business on eBay I get about 30% FB and my paper stuff maybe 50-60%.
    And yeah even there sometimes FB makes no sense.

• I get around 40/45% feedback. And I also leave immediately FB when I mail the order.

• I mail without a return address and leave immediately when the FBI comes to the door