Problems with PayPal

I have an issue with paypal I wish to give a partial refund to a buyer, when I open the Sale in paypal and enter the refund amount then click Issue refund I get a flag to say I do not have enough funds!! I have 100s of dollars in my account I have contacted p/p and had 2 replies which are no real help (My account is in US$ but I sell in GBP ) I am advise to clear my catch and cookies then convert GBP to
US$ I do not know how to do this.
Can one one offer any help.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • RE: How to issue a refund
    9/30/19 at 12:09 pm
    Dear Anthony Hodgson,

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I reviewed your account and noticed that there is no issue with the account. I request you to please clear cache and cookies from your web browser and try to refund a payment. Also, I have noticed that you received payment in different currency. If you're trying to refund a GBP transaction then you need to convert USD to GBP first, once you convert you will be able to refund a payment.

You can issue a full refund or partial refund up to 180 days after you receive a payment.

Here’s how to refund a payment:
    Click Activity near the top of the page.
    Click on the transaction you want to refund.
    Click Issue a refund.
    For ‘Refund amount,’ enter the amount to you want to refund, then click Continue.
    Review the information, then click Issue Refund.
    Tips:

You can refund a payment when its status is ‘Completed,’ ‘Pending,’ or ‘Processed.’
    When you refund a payment, we refund your full variable transaction fee while the fixed portion of the fee is not refundable. For partial refunds, besides retaining the fixed fee, part of the transaction fee will be retained prorated to the total amount refunded.

This is p/p reply could be better than my first post I will also post the second reply.

Next reply

RE: How to issue a refund
    10/2/19 at 12:49 pm
    Dear Anthony Hodgson,

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with issuing partial refund. I realize how this might make you feel and we certainly do not wish you to have an unpleasant experience with PayPal. I'll be glad to check on this for you and take necessary actions to help you out.

Please check the available balance in the funding source and if there is insufficient balance, you can link and use different funding source. Please be informed that you will not be able to add funds to your PayPal balance as adding funds is not allowed. You need to wait till you have sufficient funds available in your PayPal balance.

I believe this information will be helpful for you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
    Amrita
    PayPal

PayPal Australia Pty Limited.
    Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (PPA) holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Any general financial product advice provided in this email is provided by PPA and has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.