syncing question / purge all inventory?

Wondering if there ia an option to PURGE your entire hip inventory with syncing?

E.g. Turn of sync, delete your entire store inventory and then turn sync on again and will Hip just import your entire inventory again??
Or would you have to literally close down your entire hip store? Which of course would not be an option to loose all feedback and history etc. Any input on this?

It seems no matter what syncing always has hickups and over time inventories get more and more inaccurate. There needs to bea way to automate this tuff without spending umpteen hours manually fixing stuff.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That may work as long as you have your ENTIRE listings are the same on Hipstamp and Ebay. The moment you start having any different listings between the 2 sites,any listings you had specifically on Hipstamp would be deleted also,and how would you recover those specific listings?
  • edited December 2019 0 LikesVote Down
    In general, the way that our ebay sync works, is that your inventory is kept up to date in real-time. However, additionally, every few weeks, we automatically "refresh" your entire inventory - so there would be no need to do what you're describing (since we already do just that as well).

However, it looks like you're currently syncing your ebay store to both HipStamp and HipPostcard. Unfortunately at this time, we only support syncing the same ebay store in real-time to either HipStamp or HipPostcard - not both. We'll still "refresh" your inventory every few weeks automatically, but you won't see real-time updates. If you need more help in your specific situation, please reach out to our Support Team by clicking on the "Contact Us" link under Help in the footer.
  • I know you can delete everything, or a large piece of it too for that matter, in your HipStamp Store in one swell swoop. I know, because I did that by mistake. Before you do something like this, I suggest that you notify HipStamp management and let them know what you intend to do. Maybe they can save a backup of your store just in case, or maybe they can do it quick and easy for you...or you might be in the position where I was when I had to re-enter a boatload of items all over again...
  • Michael D is bringing up a good point. Eventually I plan on keeping only parts iof my inventory on ebay and everything her. How could I handle that?
    And Mark, I turned off the ebay sync for my stamp store. So that should not be an issue any longer.
    It is way slower and smaller inventory anyway, so for the time being I can handle it by hand.
    Many moons ago I used a book management software and they allowed a certain set of rules to make sure that different stuff ges handled differently. e.g. Add a string to private ID (SKU/Custom label) that makes sure they get priced different than others. Maybe if I add NOEBAY to the end of the custom label you would never synced them to eBay or siomething like that?