Russian Stamps 1982 Lighthouses (1st Series)

1982 Russia Lighthouses SG No's 5292-5296

Can anyone show me the correct picture order for these stamps, please?

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 5107 6k green & multi .
    5108 6k lilac & multi .
    5109 6k salmon & multi .
    5110 6k lt gldn brn & multi
    5111 6k lt brown & multi

Maybe this helps from Scott catalog Vol 5?
  • Hi Michael,
    Do they have their stamps in the same order as Stanley Gibbons then?
  • Ashley
    Sorry, no idea as I do not have the Stanley catalog for Russia. I would be surprised if the two catalogs had them in a different order but I am not able to confirm. There are a lot of much wiser folks on this forum that may be able to chime in!
    Mike
  • No. In Gibbons they are not listed in the same order. They also are not listed by color. They are listed by name:

#5292 Kherson
    #5293 Vorontsov
    #5294 Temryuk
    #5295 Novorossiisk
    #5296 Dneiper
  • I have the Stanley Gibbons A-Z of World Stamps but unfortunately, it doesn't show a picture of the stamp order. Please, can anyone help?
  • I gave it to you in my previous reply.
  • Michael:
    I think he is asking for which one of the five pictures of the lighthouses goes with which Scott or Stanley Catalog number?
    Mike
  • All he has to do is match the two together to figure it out. It's all there for him to do it.
  • Hi Michael. As I don't understand Russian, how am I supposed to work out which order they are meant to be in? Regards Ashley
  • Michael Almond: It's for the Stanley Gibbons. Regards Ashley
  • Kherson has the vertical column of windows. Vorontsov is the skinny plain white column. Temryuk is the thick hexagon. Novorossiisk has horizontal red stripes and Dnieper is the red & black lighthouse.
  • edited December 2019 4 LikesVote Down
    First, in your picture of the set, you need to swap the positions of stamps 3 and 4 to get the stamps in the correct Scott order.

I don't know Russian either, but I actually did the work and found the answer to your snooty question, and found the Gibbons order of the five stamps. However, I deleted my reply with the answer rather than post it. Too many people are used to being fed so much that they don't know how to fish for themselves. If you want me to do the work for you, I'll be happy to do it for you, but just like how you have to pay for your food, you'll have to pay me $100 to give you the answers.

I'll give you a couple of clues, though, and you still don't need to know Russian to do this. Compare the picture in Gibbons of a stamp from that set, it is of #5292, and it is lilac in color. Now looking at Scott, I see that is #5108. Rats. I gave you an answer. That's okay. It was an appetizer sampler.

So, how can you figure out the other four? Three really since the last one will fall in place by itself. Now, let me see...I still don't know any Russian, but maybe I can figure something out...Oh I know, I'll do a Google search of the name of each of the lighthouses, "Vorontsov Lighthouse" for example. The results will be astounding. But, I'll let you do the work to see for yourself.
  • Thanks, Keith J Bowen
  • Michael Generali: My question wasn't snooty. Why are you being an arse, do you think you are better than anyone else, then?
  • Sorry, I don't understand Russian.
  • Gee, people can come on here, get perfectly good answers to their questions, not say thanks, and then verbal the volunteer posters. What an Ashe!
  • edited December 2019 2 LikesVote Down
    Don't you start Rod "Stevie" Tilyard. Open your eyes I thanked Keith for his info, Michael was being an arse not me.
  • Not nice for Christmas week.

Settle down and play nice or Santa wont be visiting you!
This discussion has been closed.