Shopping Cart Order Purchase Total Due Misleading

edited December 2019 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
When viewing the shopping cart, it gives a total amount for all items contained in one's shopping cart from all sellers. However, the total is misleading, because it does not include the true amount owed for the item(s) plus shipping. You get the total added when you actually go to checkout to pay. Yes, you can click on and view each seller's shipping cost, but it would be better to see the actual total amount to be paid (purchase price of all items plus shipping costs) before one commits to the purchases.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited December 2019 2 LikesVote Down
    You do not need to be logged in to access the Shopping Cart page, and when viewing the page, a subtotal is shown (as indicated) because we may not know what address you intend to use for your purchase. However, you can easily click to Estimate Your Shipping & Handling charges (which will depend on your address) to get a quote:

cart-shipping

Once you do proceed to the checkout page, based on the address you provide on that page, the full shipping costs are always shown to you before you submit payment or commit to any purchases.
  • I did click on the shipping estimate. Then I went to checkout, and it appeared to me that I had no choice at that point but to pay. Next time I'll look closer at the checkout screen and see if I can back out of it without paying. Thanks.
  • But it is still misleading as it is currently presented. Rather than just showing 'subtotal' why not show 'subtotal excluding shipping'.
  • Michael, if Mark's post indicates your purchases, I'd LOVE to have you as a customer!
  • That was before shipping was added.
  • I would want free shipping with that. :)
  • Michael - To get out, simply click on the "big" CONTINUE SHOPPING blue button located slightly to your left. You also have the option to delete any item you don't want to buy. I normally have a few sitting in my cart that I have second thoughts on. The only problem is that someone else can buy the one you really want, if you wait too long, and then you need to remove it from your cart before you proceed to checkout.
  • I guess I need to buy more often to keep up on how the "other side" works.
  • We always show you the exact cost for any purchase, including the full shipping cost before you pay. This is done on the checkout page before you click to pay. However, you can also estimate this from the Shopping Cart page.

Just click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button. This doesn't create a purchase - it's the checkout page, where you checkout. It's on that page (which always displays the shipping costs) where you then click to pay. If you don't click to pay, you can leave the page, etc.
  • That's all fine, it's just the shopping cart that's misleading.
  • I still have 170 items in my cart and they show in "The Cart" icon. Only show twenty or so
  • I have over 2,500 listings in my cart win some loss some but also a way for me to keep track of what stuff sells for, as the subtotal part with over 2 dozen dealers in my cart it's like 12 pages long and different currencies the subtotal only shows what the 1st page consists of not the entire 12 pages worth of 2,500+ listings that be well something like $2,500.00+ considering I mainly buy bulk lots n or dealer lots at around 5-11% FV, shipping cost depending how many items you buy may go up or down depends on the charges the seller wants to put on your grand total many do so without thinking of total cost to the buyer instead be best if we all charged cost for only postage paid n Materials tracking n such have the buyer pay for that unless they spend something like $50+ offer it free and dealer's the more you have in your cart dealer wise your shipping cost will go up also personally depending on item/weight/quantity/place of origin will reflect what I'd pay for shipping examples US to US max I'd charge is $1.00 minimum of 0.60 occasionally the Free Shipping perks also then International Shipping Max I'd charge is $3.50 Minimum of $2.00 kinda dumb to charge $7-15 for a item or listing less then 1 once and costing them less then $1-3 making them pocket the rest to the bank! All ways before you add to your cart click there shipping type in the quantity 1 or how many you want after 1 price may increase or be free, also don't forget many places when you click cart checkout there will be item total cost, shipping cost, occasionally Tax Cost then the bottom grand total and a overview of what your potentially wanting to buy!
    https://www.hipstamp.com/store/moulton-stamps