CTO stamps

I need some opinions on modern CTO stamps as I am composing an email to send to our Minister in charge.New Zealand CTO is cancelled Stamp Centre,previously Philatelic Bureau,obviously not a Post Office,They sell at full face value & I have just found a stamp booklet in original packet priced at $8 with all the stamps inside with CTO cancels.The stamps are worth used at about 5c each postally used.I believe this is a big rip off if not fraud & worse the people in charge are always moaning about how turnover is going down so they have to get rid of more workers (the only ones that do work) while they keep there nice easy (guaranteed) jobs.
Input much welcome,have to close before i start a major rant.Ha He !!!!!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Michael,
    Are they First Day of Issue Postmarks?
  • I am confused....
    What do you expect to pay them if the stamps are printed originally to be used and then on demand of collectors get cancelled before being sold to the public?
    Face value seems correct to me. They are not a commercial stamp dealer, but part of the postal authorities and basically are selling the same items cancelled or not.
    I remember back as a kid in Germany, i could go to the counter at the post office and have stamps purchased and nicely cancelled, if I wanted to at face value.
    I believe some collectors prefer it that way vs a raggedy postally used cancel.