Caution ! ! Bulk Editor Not Working Properly

The bulk editor is not choosing the correct image to post with the listing. The correct image is shown in the upload screen, but a previous image with the same name is being used for the listing. This has happened before, so I check my new listings immediately after listing. I just did this 3 times with problems each time. Yesterday I had no problems. Images were being correctly posted with the same name. Earlier this morning I had no problems. I will try again after I post this message.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It worked properly on the 4th try. Hopefully it will continue working as I have many more uploads planned for today.
    Mark, what would cause a problem like this?
  • Not working again. This is frustrating. Some images are correct, but not all. I hate to need to recheck every single item, so I delete all posted from my last upload. Is there a timing problem? Do I need to wait on the system to catch up. If so, how long? I understand the "total number of stamps" isn't correct, but that doesn't bother me.
  • You said Bulk Editor and not Lister, so this may not apply in your case....

If you use remotely hosted images, the bulk lister won't re-upload if the file path is the same as a previous image. Below is what the field description page says about images. I've seen this is true for me.

"You can upload up to 100 images. Order by drag and drop.
    You can include remote images, by including the full URL to the image. Alternatively, you can include images hosted on your own computer, by first uploading them into the Bulk Lister - Image Manager, and including the name of your image file (with extension, ie: sample.jpg) in this field. Multiple images are to be separated by "||". When using remote images, do not reuse the same file paths for different images, as we will not re-download the image."
  • I should have said lister. Sorry for the confusion. The images load properly using the image manager. If I wait more than an hour between uploads, I don't seem to have any problems with the new listings. However, if I upload a second group after 20-30 minutes, problems seem to appear. I don't know if timing is a factor or just a coincidence. Hopefully Mark can advise.