Ted Talks Stamps! Loud and Clear!

Comments

• I "think" that some recent issues are actually pretty nice. Transcontinental Railroad (just had the UPRR "Big Boy" #4014 visit Houston the last three days...VERY COOL!) and the current Sun stamps among a few others. I have wondered for years though that all the complaints about how the USPS is losing money that if they didn't have to spend millions of $$$ printing all these useless and goofy "stamps", they might be able to save a lot of coin. Has anyone received the USPS "catalog" of products? Most is useless stuff that I would imagine most don't sell and end up getting destroyed. How about just printing a few nice stamps and delivering the mail. (yeah, I know, de-liver!!!!) I don't want liver in or on my mail either.
  • I can see this issue as being at least as big a flop as the Simpsons issue, where 1 billion were printed, and 682 million of them went unsold. This one may not get nearly as big a print run, but I bet a greater percentage goes unsold.
  • I actually am thinking about buying a few panes because they could become quite scarce in collections going forward. Linn's stamp market tips???? I can see it now in a couple years. "These full sheets are a good buy at SCV" Oh and our friends at Mystic printing and mailing their promo material. "Scarce and unusual crappy looking USPS emoji offering! Only $35.00!"
  • edited August 2021 1 LikesVote Down
    Linn’s Stamp Market Tips, August 2041: No dealers bought these butt-ugly stickers when they were current, and now USA completists are struggling to fill this space in their albums, making the sheet a good buy at its current catalog value of $225.00.
  • HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sounds 'bout right! i'M TELLIN' YA!
  • edited August 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    While not a stamp, I consider this the greatest piece of artwork ever created by the US Bureau of Engraving....
    https://krisweinschenker.wordpress.com/2021/08/19/the-pride-of-dollar-bill-type-set/
  • While I certainly can't claim to have a good grasp of the Bureau of Engraving's range of works, Kris, I can't argue against not regarding this example a truly attractive case (did I just use a double negative?) Of course putting them forward in these forums, I expect there will be a degree of crass, stupid remarks about the images ...... like "Is the woman directing the boy where he can obtain some clothes?" Or maybe how Martha "look like a mon". Will we ever grow up? Hope not.
  • Ya Know ....the whole educational series of notes came under fire by standards and practices. One of them features a barebreasted woman. The knock on this One was about the reverse. The complaint was that "no One should be between George and Martha"

• Rumor has it that Teddy Roosevelt was the originator of the expression "the buck stops here"resized_250499-tv-col-0109_62-24117_t800
    Oh dear, that's a deer ....a staggering faux pas
  • Deer don't have faux pas...they have faux hooves.
    And the buck is still running...that's a doe...or is it a dough?
  • Little bitty thing though. Here's a SOTX Whitetail fer ya! Nasty!SOTX Buck
  • Homer Simpson was reported to have shot a doh or two
  • Nice rack ......be careful whom you say that to, though
  • It was quite a gneiss rack. Stupid huge! Doh.
  • edited August 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    I assume Ted is a fellow geologist as he has indicated a preference for rocky road ice cream. He told me long ago to take no wooden coprolites
  • They are absurd, as collectibles. But as postage on mail to or from children, they're kind of cute.
  • Have I been insulted and not realize it? That IS the crowning achievement of fine British humor.
  • For some odd reason, Exodus Richter decided to sully his YouTube channel, I'll Be Stamped, with my presence. Help him over this traumatizing experience by giving him a Like and a Subscribe.
  • edited April 2022 1 LikesVote Down
    I’ve just posted a new Swap and Research video on YouTube.

Here is my video on the stamp Ładne Znaczki sent to me . . .

And here is Ładne Znaczki’s video on the stamp I sent him.

• Well done Ted! Bravo! You managed, somehow, to combine two subjects of great interest to me. First, being in the oil business myself, a piece of history regarding the industry. And second, being an Antarctic collector myself, a nice FSAT gutter pair (beautigul stamps BTW).

The only issue I have is the neatness of your stamp den. SHOCKINGLY neat!

Happy Easter amigo!
  • I know how to position the camera to avoid seeing the mess. LOL
  • Submitted for your perusal:
  • Ted that was so interesting. You make stamps fun. Just the way it should be. Thank you for all you do.
  • Well done Super Ted!!!!
  • Thanks Professor Luree.
    Thanks Doll Man (nice outfit, Greg).
    0DC524C5-B2E2-4440-A681-117BB5973907
    80B7B75E-703F-4E6C-AC82-D25D8DDAFA07
  • Looks a lot like me actually except for the silly drooping red socks. Mine are yellow with little parrots on them.
  • New episode up, which will look familiar to a few of you.

• Ted. The range of your knowledge is spooky— like Scott but different
  • I should have said: like Scott’s
  • Thank you, Berrien. You're too kind.