Close and re-open a store

I am thinking about whether I want to close up shop, and re-open or set up a new shop several months down the road. Is there any way this is possible? I am thinking this for several reasons:
I have a good bit of material still to list, but it takes time to arrange and list all of it. My sales will probably be dropping off because one of the types of things I have been listing is items less that $2 (or less than some level) and I am running out of these. They also take up way too much of my time. It has been fun but I need to get some of my life back. I still have a day job, half-time. I admit I wouldn't face this problem if I never started doing it. I don't expect to make much money from over half my listings

I don't want to deal with handling the sales tax myself. Maybe in the future Hip will provide this capability

I cannot make a sale in the ways I want to use, mainly using private ids or pick-and-choose (such as xx% off all items $2.00 or less, or xx% off on all US mint postage. What is left over I just take off of my listings).

If I could close shop and re-open or start a new shop, say 6 months down the road, that type of situation would be ideal.

Comments