How to cancel a transaction and make a refund for a failed sale.

This discussion was created from comments split from: How to change store subscription?.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • How to cancel a transaction and make a refund for a failed sale.
  • With this Covid-19 issue, CanadaPost has Embargoed MANY Countries for mail service.
    HOW do I cancel this valued sale?
    I went to HELP, and there I was brought to a page where I entered my Order Number.
    Next there is a pull down menu for the reason I want this to be cancelled.
    Closest Answer = Buyer requested to cancel the purchase, BUT this is NOT the case! There is NO selection for COVID-19 Issues, where the Post Office refuses to deliver mail.

WHAT DO I DO???? How can I cancel this order???? I would like to get my refund, since HipStamp, I have NEVER received a single refund to date for my Returned Refunds to Customers!

I liked the OLD way to handle refunds!
  • Go to bottom of any page and click on either help or contact. Then fill out a help request. The office staff have been very helpful in resolving these kind of problems for me in past. Good luck!
  • Michael,

It does not appear that you have ever entered any requests to cancel an order through our new Resolutions center. If you do, you'll receive a refund on your Final Value Fees.

The new Resolutions center is significantly easier (and magnitudes faster) than the old system. All you need to do is enter in the listing id number or sale id number:

https://www.hipstamp.com/members/tools/resolutions

Yes, the "Buyer requested to cancel the purchase" option would likely be the closest option to choose from. Our team has noted the issues related to COVID-19, and any such cancellations will not negatively impact your account. We do however encourage you to communicate with the buyer.
  • Mark,
    Thanks for info, yes buyer has been notified and refund issued. Claim opened.
  • I lost another envelope traveling through the Indianapolis distribution center. Not sure what is going on there but it is becoming a problem. I tried to request a refund of fees from Hip(Paypal no longer refunds) as I have already refunded the buyer full cost of purchase including shipping. This is a lose/lose for me and would just like to put it behind me. What is the correct box to check in terms of the fee refund request?

Thanks

Bob
  • Another question.... We are charged fees for S&H... are those fees refunded in the instance of a successful case?

Thanks

Bob