Single or blocks?

I have recently obtained some 4 stamp blocks and wanted to put them in my album. The album has spaces for singles. Should I separate them or keep them intact, and add pages to my album? IDK!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • LOL, I feel your pain, Jeffrey. But, I'll tell you the same thing anyone else here is likely to say: It's up to you. You collect the way YOU want. There's no crime in separating blocks of four, despite what a few purists (pure what, I don't know) might say.
  • Thanks, I'll probably mount singles in my album. I'm know purist after all.
  • Separating blocks of four is like scraping fingernails across a chalkboard for me...but Ted's right, it's personal...but if they are blocks, used, with nice cancellations and the stamps are before 1940, they have some added value. After 1950 (to be safe) it's just up to you. Creating your own pages to house them are also a fun diversion.
  • they r MNH blocks...nothing special
  • I didn't separate them. I added stock sheets to my album and the blocks remain intact; but I did damage one block.
  • Here's my solution. The blocks are opposite the page where the album presents them as singles I don't like fingernails on chalk boards either!