Managing Inventory

Years ago I was an eBay stamp dealer. I got out of the hobby for several years. I recently retired and decided to dive back into my collection. I still have a LOT of inventory that I need to sell. I have hundreds of individual stamps (MNH) of which I have maybe 20 to 50 each.

I'm quite interested in selling here on Hipstamp because it is MUCH cheaper than selling on eBay. It also has a better reputation. I'm seeking advice regarding those hundreds of stamps I need to sell of which I have multiples. How do I list them here on Hipstamp? I understand the mechanics of listing items. If I have 50 copies of a MNH stamp for sale do I create 50 listings for that stamp? How do I track the inventory?

I appreciate all advice and suggestions. Have a great weekend!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It just really depends on the age of the item. Modern stamps mostly seem identical because of printing technology, while older stamps vary SO tremendously in terms of centering. Cancelled stamps, different story. ALSO, you can chose to list that the item depicted represents a sample and the buyer will get an item of the same grade as depicted.
  • edited June 2020 1 LikesVote Down
    I have a lot of similar duplicate material that I list on HipStamp as well. I use the Bulk Lister to upload/maintain my inventory. What I do is I have a master .xls data spreadsheet, with a 2nd sheet in the workbook formatted in HipStamp BulkLister format. I use formulas to reflect the master data to the 2nd automatically . Once I've updated my inventory in the master data sheet, I save the 2nd sheet as a .csv file which I use to upload to HipStamp. The inventory is just a field in your data.

I upload the photos to my website. I reference that URL in the 2nd sheet (also .csv file). You also need to have a Private Item ID for each item so that HipStamp will then just update the item as you make any changes and not create a duplicate.

This has worked great for me. Sales are going up every month. You need to add at least hundreds if not thousands of items or you probably won't see a lot of sales, unless you have unique material at low low prices.

How do others manage their inventory?

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/mnhynes-bureau-precancels