Watermarks on Washington Franklin stamps

We all know Washington/Franklins can be a challenge due to the location/size of the wm shown. I have hundreds of these stamps and have noted many of the difficult ones where just a line shows. The problems are the yellow and orange stamps. Some had to have watermarks and I have not seen a watermark on any of them. I have been using lighter fluid with an ancient Macon detector filter.
Any suggestions? Is an electric watermark detector worth the money? No desire to spend $200-300 without a sure thing.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have bought two. Either I can't see or they don't work. Probably the first. I use watermark fluid.
    Keep on stamping
    Richard
  • Sometimes the best bet is to scan the hack of the stamp and then play with colors, contrast brightness etc. Iff you have a backlit scanner (for slides and negatives) that sometimes helps
  • I have a set of watermark punches often sold together with a re-perforator. If you purchase a re-gluing kit you can often couple the three for an additional discount. I'm all out of tear repair units. Oh wait a minute, this is probably in the wrong forum. ;-0