Seller account with zero feedback closed today after sales!!

Hi, I already know the answer to this so I'm really just looking for advice on where to go next. I made a purchase from a zero feedback seller three hours ago, as did others as I was watching his auction s, but the account is now closed. I'm assuming I've been scammed. Anyone here in the same situation or have any advice?
Thanks

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Open a help desk ticket, let them sort it out
  • Thanks Michael. I have opened a ticket. Is this something that happens often? Are there ever genuine reasons for something like this?
  • If you paid, open a dispute with PayPal.
  • Thanks Michael. I've never been caught in a scam here before so I wasn't sure of the protocol. I've opened a dispute now. In fairness to Hipstamp they have responded quickly to confirm it was a scam and that they shut the seller down themselves.
  • Can you get Hipstamp to publish details as to alert buyers in the future.The "no feedback" was one clue, I'm sure, but everyone starts somewhere.
  • Hi Rene, I will ask them. His account has now been deactivated though so I doubt he'll get back in again under the same name but I'll certainly ask. Yeah, it's one of those calls you have to make and give people the benefit of the doubt, maybe less quickly next time though :)