Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I THINK IT{S SCOTT 610 . HAVE 11 PERFORATION AND 22 MM OF HEIGHT. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME IN IDENTIFY. THANKS .
  • My Scott 2019 catalog has it at $0.25 but the centering is not great so maybe less
  • First , THANK YOU for checking the perf . That is most definitely the flat plate printing , US Scott 610. It’s a crusty example, used , graded barely fine, perforations touch the design. Ten cents . BUT the beauty is the story ... they rushed to get this stamp printed . He died Aug 2, 1923 and the first run was released September 1, 1923. It sold out big time !! Harding was a stern , quiet man . When Will Rogers was told that the President has died , he was reported to quip “ how can you tell ?” He literally saved the US Constitution which was stored terribly and encased it in what exists today to preserve it . All that from a stamp .
  • Just to help you a little more during that era you will notice flat and rotary press printings . The rotary press images will always be slightly longer ( consider them stretched on the drum). That will help you with other issues .
  • Thanks Michael and Rene . Grateful for the history interest coment Rene.