Increasing the item title to more than 80 characters

Good day,

It will add value if you increase the item title field to accommodate more than 80 characters. I suggest 160 characters at least.

A lot of buyers do not refer to the description of the items and they would like to see all the information of the item for sale in the title filed.

What do you think?

Regards
Stampsman

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm of the persuasion that increasing title length that much would unnecessarily burden the searching for items. It seems more natural to seek initially a particular issue and then further focus that search by progressive refinement, ie: US 330, mint, never hinged, centering, price, shipping, etc. If it is reasonable to assume collectors are somewhat discriminative in their pursuit of stamps, then one anticipates a buyer would attempt to glean said info in any description available in the listing before opting to purchase (or not). It is, then, largely to a seller's disadvantage to not provide adequate details to potential buyers, especially on more costly items.
  • I agree with Ron. At the current length, there is already too much unnecessary (and illegal, per HipStamp terms) extraneous text put in the titles (inventory numbers, storage location codes, etc.) that do nothing but contribute to irrelevant search results. Just because some buyers are too lazy to read the description field, don't penalize the smart shoppers by foiling their searches.
  • It would be great if you could search in the Item Description. Keywords can be added to help customers find what they are looking for. We used to be able to do this prior to HipStamp. Not sure why that functionality was removed.

Bob
  • ⬆️ This. Highly agree.

Also, the ability to create custom categories.

These were 2 very powerful tools for both buying and selling.