Stamps not received.

#4988a Medal of Honor:Vietnam Strip of 3 2016 Mint NH
Seller: PML7309 (24472)
Says "Closed" no longer for sale? And I can see no date of order. Maybe a month ago?
Forgot about the order till just now. Checked,nothing about the order AND no way to contact the seller so I just reordered.
I guess "wait and see" if this order goes thru? Suggestions?? Thanks, Mike.

Comments

• 25 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I suspect the item is "closed" because it's been sold (to you). You should be able to contact the seller by calling up the listing and clicking on "Question?" just above the listing details. If you get no response, you can open a ticket with admin. (Scroll down to "Contact us".) But under the present circumstances it's not unusual for deliveries to be very, very slow. Even a month isn't uncommon nowadays.
  • Mike you need to contact the buyer directly. Send him a message from your order for these stamps which lists the exact date of purchase. It appears that you looked up the stamp id info which tells you this item is closed. This also shows date and time of purchase, if you click on "History". You can also contact the seller from this point by clicking on "Question". If you reordered from same seller, advise him of this.
  • Doug, I took too long to hit send and didn't realize you had already responed.
  • If you ordered the stamp you should be able to find out under the buying tab in members area. (That shows all your orders.) When you find the order you can click on the grey box to the right where it says contact seller.
  • Mike , You do realize that the post office is about as screwed up as a soup sandwich right now? My suggestion to you is to wait awhile. I just received a priority mail package mailed 12/ 7 today. Just be a little patient.
  • 'Screwed up' isn't even a strong enough description. A friend of mine sent me a Priority Box last week from PA (3-hour drive away to me in NY). It arrived in Florida on Saturday !
  • One of the inconveniences of having such a common last name ......oh, wait
  • Finally found the listing on PayPal. Was the 15th. of December. Was able to find a contact so I sent the seller an email and DID note that this new order was a replacement for the one that I never got. I'll see what he has to say. And 15+ days does seem like a long time to wait even with the holiday rush.
    Hey, we're only talking $3.00 so it's not that big of a deal. Just trying to keep up with the loos ends.
    I'am pretty easy and as I get older, less time to get my shorts in a knot over $3.00.

Ordered up a batch of stamps a while back. Never got them but was notified that they HAD been shipped. Seller sent replacements, received them then I sent him $20.00 to help cover his losses.
    Never can tell, I may need a bail out too someday. Thanks for all the input. I'll keep you posted. Nothing but good feedback for all the sellers I've done business with on here. THANKS!! Mike.
  • I agree 15 days is long time, but not unusual in todays environment. I received a notice concerning cut-off of my electric on an account I neglected to pay. It was mailed Dec 5th, advising power would be cut off Dec 8th. I received it on Dec 23rd. Fortunately my power was not cut off because I included payment for this account with another one where I had received a timely notice.
  • I can endorse John's point about slow mail delivery. Stamps I ordered from Ohio were postmarked Dec. 12, and it took USPS 21 days to get them to my home in Rochester, N.Y., on Jan. 2. I'm pretty sure I could have walked here faster.

Two other stamp orders mailed about the same time from New Jersey and Tennessee still haven't gotten to me even though an image of the Tennessee envelope was included in an Informed Delivery email showing mail pieces supposedly arriving Dec. 24.

My guess is that the Rochester distribution center and some others around the country piled up a mountain of mail they could not process in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, mainly packages and anything else non-machinable, while continuing to move most things that could be sorted easily. As USPS now deals with that mountain, some of the things that were first in might well be last out.

I don't even want to think about how long it will take before I see the stamps I ordered Nov. 22 from Portugal.
  • The Rochester facility was a nightmare long before the election/covid/Christmas rush mess !
  • So was Buffalo, NY. Pretty bad.
  • Was notified by Hip Stamps that the order WAS received but that's as far as it went. Found contact info so sent seller a note. Thus far, no reply. Did find contact info on Pay pal so we'll see how that goes. AGAIN, only talking $3.50 so it's not the $$. Just like to tie up any loose ends.
    Thanks again for you folks help, Mike.
  • I waddled out to my Canadian super mail box at my Condo today to find a Christmas Card from my sister postmarked Dec 8 in South Carolina. There's a hang up somewhere in the Postal Systems.

https://www.hipstamp.com/store/fatdanes-stamp-store
  • It isn't just you Dennis. I finally received a priority mail envelope on Saturday 1/2/2021 that was mailed 12/7/2020. It only had to travel about 80 miles. In the meantime i mailed a registered mail envelope to Sydney , Australia on 12/4/2020 that was delivered on 12/22/2020.
  • Finally found the problem. Order was placed on 12/15/20. Order was SHIPPED on 12/29/20?? Never was notified of any shipment, Finally got the shipment today 1/7/21. Won't be placing another order from that person.
    Now I have to clear up the business on PayPal.
  • I have no words to describe the US postal service this past month. Getting tire of asking buyers to be patience... Just not worth it! So frustrating, bottom line is loss, money and time.
  • I don't know what to do? Put a flat $4.00 tracking S&H fee. I have an option to pay for Ins. & or Tracking. The buyers don't want to pay the extra. But want a refund if the stamps are late or don't show up.
  • Oh only 72 Days for delivery to Atlanta Georgia
  • Received today (8 Jan) a 10 December 2020 order mailed from Oregon to Arizona. Envelope had a 11 Dec Portland, OR Postmark and a 30 Dec Phoenix, AZ postmark..
  • Another example of "great service". I mailed an order to New York buyer on 12/4 from North Carolina. A forward label was affixed on an unknown date. On 12/9 an "Unable to Forward/For Review" label was affixed. On 12/27 a "Return to Sender, Not Deliverable as Addressed, Unable to Forward" label was affixed. On 1/11 I picked up the returned envelope from my PO Box. I have contacted the buyer, but haven't heard back yet. None of the attached labels indicate where they were attached and no cancellations on the envelope.
  • Just heard back. Buyer hasn't moved. The address on the envelope was correct. Will drop back in mail on Tuesday. Hope someone actually delivers it this time around.
  • You better hope the delivery person knows how to read.
  • edited January 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Had an issue when I dropped a small flat rate box full of pistol brass in the mail on the way out of town one morning. It had the proper postage on it!! A few days later, there it was back in my mail box??
    Took it down to the local (rural) PO and asked WTH?? Was told it didn't have enough postage on it?? "Better take a closer look"!! THEN, I was told that any package over a certain weight had to be metered by a machine. That's fine if you read the postal manual every day. She (the Post
    Mistress) took the package and said she would handle it. Got a receipt in my mail box the next day
    along with a tracking #. It got squared away but sure made me look bad to the buyer.