Italian Stamps overprinted Zara

edited January 2021 in Questions 0 LikesVote Down
Hi, I can't find Italian Stamps overprinted Zara in the Scott Catalogue, does Scott list them ? Any help would be appreciated.
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 8.06.02 PM

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited January 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    They are local German occupation stamps of Zara. The Province of Zara (Italian: Provincia di Zara) was a province of the Kingdom of Italy, officially from 1918 to 1947. Scott does not normally list local issues.

Michel lists them in the German Specialized under Zara, MI 2 through 6. They are just a few stamps from the full set of 19. Michel warns about fake overprints. I don't have current values, but these used to run around $5 each ($10 each for the 15 cent stamp) for never hinged.
  • Thank you Michael for the info, it helps. Now I can place them were they belong.
  • I have found the Michel Catalogue to be far more helpful with the multitude of overprints, occupation stamps and sub types that exist from Europe. You can find many used copies online. Mine ( in German), makes it a little slower for me as I have to use translator Aps, but it is worth having that reference source.