Catalog

edited February 2021 in Chatter 0 LikesVote Down
As I was sitting quietly this morning cataloging and pricing FDCs, I Ias is my habit sometimes) came to HipStamp to see what others are charging and how many of a particular FDC are available.
I found (as usual) I couldn't charge the astronomical amount I wanted and had to get back down to earth. In my browsing I noticed one of the FDCs - a common cachet nicely placed, unaddressed with a neat cancel - was priced at $6.00. More than 3 times what I figured.
The interesting thing is that in the description I noticed "ECV $15.00".
I WANT THAT CATALOG!. Anybody else got that catalog????. With that I could be rich! No more keeping my costs, commissions and fees in mind. All I have to do is charge half "ECV" price and I'll be rich by the end of the year.
Please help me, I really need this Catalog.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited February 2021 0 LikesVote Down
    Wayne ---- This may be the line of catalogs you are looking for. I think they were issued annually from the late 1970s up until maybe about 2014. There is only one currently available here on HipStamp . . . and it's 36 years old! :neutral:
    These have a nifty "Cachet Multiplier" feature that gives a figure for special cachet lines that you can use to multiply the normal value of a FDC of a particular issue to find the enhanced value.FDC catalog
    (That middle cachet on the cover looks particularly interesting! :wink: )
  • Dave, I've got a few of these laying around here somewhere. I don't use them a lot because...well...they are old.
    I think the catalog the "ECV" came from is somewhat mythical since it was a rather common 1982 or 83 stamp with an
    equally common Cachet.
  • OK -- I get it now - your original post was mostly sarcastic.

Good one. :smiley:
  • Sorry Dave, I was in a snarky mood this morning. It's cold in Florida and I don't do cold well...
    Actually, I'm still in a snarky mood :blush:
  • Cold in Florida? What, all the way down to 70-degrees F? LOL
  • George 42degrees in South Florida this morning, had to put a coat on to have my coffee on the patio. Of course still wore shorts and Flip flops. LOL
  • Send your 42 degrees up here to Maine, please